This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Well,,I got lucky,,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 9:10am
 Yeah,,Hubert,,carcass has to stay up there. Years ago,the Game dept found the Chronic Wasting Disease in 2 of the deer down in the far lowest corner of the forest,,so to err on the safe side they declared the whole unit as suspect,  hense the deboning. They haven't found any more since then. I was really skittish as the last time I went deer hunting,,they had to call in a helicopter to haul my azz to the hospital in El Paso, Tx due to a heart attack,,,,!!!!!! This time I was OK but it took me bout 10 rest stops to climb 75 yards up thet steep azzed hill,,,,,,LOL So,,Ya see how glad I was to have Elena there,,,,ClapLOL
Sponsored Links

Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 6:35am
Nice work Joe!  Sounds all in all a good day.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 6:25am
Jon better toe the line or he'll get his Censored whopped! Glad you got some fresh meat and had somebody to haul it up the hill for you. After you bone one out do you leave the carcass there for the varmints to finish off?
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 4:24am
 Well,,the annual Big Elk Hunt has come and done gone by and now the work starts,,UMmmm,,continues,,,,Clap
  Jon and his GF and I went up to the mountains this past Sat mornin lookin to bag a bull Elk for some fresh meat. I had not drawn a Bull Elk Tag in several years so was really lookin forward to spendin some quality time just bein in the mountains. 
 I was really worried bout leavin the wife alone for the whole day but she told me to go ahead as she had her phone so,,I went,,!!
 We went straight to this canyon trail that is bout halfway up the mountain, where we had harvested 2 Bulls and 1 cow before, but didn't get a shot all the way in or all the way out. Stopped to get a drink and decided to take a two track down towards the creek and spotted a small 3X3 bull comin up the hill and at bout 75 yards,,,the trusty 50 caliber muzzleloader did it's job with one shot.
 Only after it went down,,did I realize the grade on the mountain is bout a 45° steep and he's on the downhill side of us,,,,,,Holie molie,,We went ahead and boned it out in place and I am SO PROUD of Jon's GF as she was loadin the meat in plastic bags and then in her back pack and luggin it straight up the hill to the trk,,!! That girl packed 8 bags of meat prolly weighin 30-40 # each bag,,!! I still cai'nt believe how very strong thet woman is,,,,Clap 
Course it prolly helps to be in your 30's too,,,,,,,I told ole Jon,,,he best be careful and not get her upset,,,she'd kick his azz pretty easy,,,,,Jon is 6'1" 188 and she is 5'6" and 140 soaking wet, but boy,,has she got some gumption,,,!!!  
Fixin to start cuttin meat up and maybe make some jerky Sat or Sun,,,,,,Clap

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic