This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis CA Hubs in B Finals

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955allisca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis CA Hubs in B Finals
    Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 8:24pm
It is possible? I'm trying to lose weight, I already bought the finals just need to know if I need to have a set of hubs made or if I can just slap my CA hubs in them, thanks
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 8:39pm
Im not sure what your referring to as "HUB", but I would guess it is the 20 inch round cast steel plate that  is bolted to the axle and the rim bolts to it ??

"MOST" of the B finals will have a center axle shaft that is splined and uses a 2 inch (?) nut to attach the hub......... Your CA should have a 5 bolt hub that attaches to a flange made onto the axle.......... "SOME" of the B finals had a 5 bolt flange on the axle... but very few.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
1955allisca View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955allisca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 9:43pm
I am meaning the 6 bolt flange hub, does anyone know I can replace the spline shaft with the hub?
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955allisca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 9:48pm
I have seen a C hub in a CA final, didn't know if it could go the other way.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 6:25am
How light do you want to get?  I have always been able to get a B into the 2000 pound class. I can even get a CA into the 2000 pound class with out resorting to aluminum.  To get a B lighter the easiest thing is a set of 5 bolt finals with a change to pressed steel wheels. This project tractor has the 5 bolt hubs that I would sell altogether or parts from. I think it has a brand new set of brake bands in it. I'm located in Maryland, very near Gettysburg Pa. 

If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 4:55pm
No, the CA hub is not a direct fit into the B final drive case. Someone posted a photo of 3 different shaft/ hubs on this site last year...... The B could be bought with a 5 bolt hub "SIMILAR" to the C and CA........ but they are not the same and not interchangeable.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955allisca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 9:06pm
Thank you, i appreciate the info. I reckon i will have to rig up and adapter.
Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 9:25am
What is it your trying to make lighter a CA or a B?
    CA & D10 have 6 stud axles like a A Farmall.  Same bolt circle. Stamped steel wheels will lighten a CA. Bs and Cs have 5 stud flanged axles. I don't know what other make tractor runs a 5 hole stamped wheel that will bolt up to a B or C hub. 
    5 stud flanged B axles will interchange with B splined axles. C and CA flanged axles will not fit a B housing without some machine work
   I have some 5 stud B flanged axles going off as scrap if anyone needs a pair.
   If you need a pair of 11x24 rims that will bolt up to a A Farmall stamped wheel PM Me

Edited by Ken in Texas - 22 Sep 2018 at 9:35am
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955allisca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 10:42pm
Ken I am making my CA lighter by running B finals that are about a foot narrower and don't have a hand clutch in them. I figured I'd loose at least 100lbs by doing the swap and I will be putting on 6 ply tires instead of my old 8 plys so should lose another 50lbs there. I don't need any 24s. I am running 26in combine wheels. Thanks
Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 6:29am
55CA
    How light is your goal and still call it a CA?   My CA and PaulB get our CAs down to 2500 with driver across the scales . I like the offset to the rear of a CA Final.  By dumping the hand clutch. removing the floor and going bare back. My rockshaft is a piece of pipe. I still have the big chunk of iron underneath to pin my drawbar to. I saw no need to rid myself of the weight to get to 2500. I really see no advantage to B finals except to say Look what I was able to do. What front end are you planning to run. I'm running the stock SFW with the heavy cast iron wheel.  Loosing front weight is most helpful . Front weight don't add up to traction to the rear wheels.
    26" wheels are a advantage over 24s

Edited by Ken in Texas - 26 Sep 2018 at 6:38am
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955allisca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 10:08am
I have removed everything, even the brake pedals and foot rests. The lightest I can get it is 2530 with me on it. I need it to be 2430 minimum. The least amount of move able weight I can use is 70lbs any less and the nose comes straight up. I do love how the CA finals drop back and I like that the finals are geared lower than B finals but this is my last resort and if it doesn't do well I will change it back after next season
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 1:03pm
How heavy are you??? The CA that doesn't have the turbo weighs about 2200 without a driver or weights. It it for sale and has never been beaten by anything naturally aspirated at 2500 pounds. You must be missing something that doesn’t need to be there. As I said a CA can get into the 2000 pound class with about a 140 pound driver. I ran one that way for a couple of years. Show us some pictures of what you have and we can tell you where the weight is.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955allisca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 3:08pm
I weigh 260 so that's where most of the problem comes from that and my 8 ply 26s weigh about 150lbs more than 24s. I haven't figured out how to load pictures yet. I will keep trying.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955allisca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 3:10pm
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955allisca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 3:11pm
I think I got pic loaded. It's the closer CA.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 4:36am
I have to wonder how heavy you drawbar arrangement is. Those tires are probably much heavier than say a set of 13.6 or even 14.9x28’s would be. Other than that, like you say the overload is in the seat😺
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic