This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where are all the tractors?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TREVMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where are all the tractors?
    Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 2:05pm
So, I got wiped out 4 years ago. Few weeks of life support after 12 hour surprise open chest surgery, some non oem parts installed...unable to talk, walk, feed myself, breath on my own etc....But, Im feeling much better now...
Before my "event" I was looking at a couple 190xts, there was a really nice black belly 7000 within a 200 miles, there was a 7060 that was decent. I am now able to go out to the farm, and fart around in my shop again. I have been looking for an Allis, 190xt or 200, D21, 210 and 220 are outta my price range now as the ones left are in collecters hands now, but 7000, 7020, 7030,7040, 7050, 7060 is what I want. I cant find much of anything. I would fix it up to reasonable condition as long as mechanicals were o.k. I would be putting on under 50 hours a year for sure, Im just tking back 40 acres to play around, smell of diesel exhaust, sweet soil, sunshine, birds, moose, deer, farm boy stuff, blah, blah,blah. A 7080 is likely to have been bagged, and they are only 7 drawbar more horse than a 7060, I think the extra horse is not worth the engine trouble. 8000 are outta my price range usually, and/or are in florida or something. If I find one here, they are demolished and wanting 15K. 
SO, where are all the tractors? I dont really want to buy anything but Allis. People can say whatever they want, I couldnt care less, Allis-Chalmers/Gleaner is my brand, I grew up with it, I can tell if its running properly by listening, they make "sense" to me. I go on youtube just to listen to 301s and 426s working, I miss that sound. 
My apologies to the members for the long dumb post. I do not post much anymore, but I check the site everyday. 
Where are the tractors? Is it that time has inevitably marched on and thse machines are now residing in new truck frames and building girders, and pipelines and whatever else? Are there no more in the wild?
Any leads would be wicked...thanks a lot, Trev.
Sponsored Links

Acfarm View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acfarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 2:45pm
The market has tightened a bit, you actually have to do some digging now. Lots on large sites like tractorhouse........probably the strong prices for ag commodities are helping keep them close to home for now. I do know that prices on AC in general have gone up in the last few years(at least in this area).
HaroldOmaha View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaroldOmaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 2:51pm
Hey! Welcome back.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 3:58pm
Glad to hear you made it back after such trying times.Sounds like we almost lost another Allis man.
BEK View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 4:05pm
I'm into the early pre-war stuff.  Regardless of brand, it seems the availability of tractors in the last few years has really dried up.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 4:06pm
welcome back Trev. sounds like you been thru hell already, glad you are better!
Stan R View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 5:41pm
Glad your doing better. Hardest part is writing the check. Enjoy afterwards!!
TREVMAN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TREVMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 7:55pm
Thank you gentlemen. I never thought of it like that Steve, but my understanding is that it was a photo finish. My main hydraulic pump was stopped for 29 minutes while they fixed on it. When they put me to sleep after they informed me I was dieing and had maybe less than an hour on the hour meter, there must have been 20 people in that little room. I am grateful t many people. Collectively, they saved my life. I am proud of very little in my life at 51 years, but, I walked into that hospital, and two months later, I walked out. Not very fast, but I did it, and no walker or canes. My gal brought me one of my fav hats, an Allis-Chalmers baseball cap with denim. Ive never seen one like it again. She brought me my Allis-Chalmers blanky as well. And, orange jello, id say in original color. Surgeon dudes came to see me in SICU (24/7 one to one care) while I was on the ventilator with the garden hose down my yap. Due to brain damage experienced during the party, I was dumb as a stick. And, when the speech therapist came, I sounded like Mickey Mouse. Wicked. They were smiling and laughing, shaking their heads. I think after I bled out and filled my chest with hydraulic fluid (blood) my body wasn't doing that good. One surgeon said "Trevor, You went to the Angels and they sent You back...Far out...they put seven units in me. that's a lot of juice...I think it was more like I went to Hell, but they seem kinda busy so they told me to get lost, apply again some other time...I have another anueryism near my heart, when it bursts I am likely toast...
Anyhow, I wont talk about that anymore.
I have looked all over for tractors. Yes, tractorhouse has lots. They also have lots that are priced ridiculously, for junk. Ill pay for a good unit, for a fair price. I am not paying 12k U.S. for a 50 year old tractor that pops outta 3rd, and is listed as "runs, but has some blow by..." some? And, one injector leaking? what? has one new rear tire...who puts on one? grill missing? missing? like it ran away or was kidnapped or something...maybe its with the Lindberg kid...I don't think a 190xt grill of any configuration is that easy to find...
So, I posted because I HAVE looked all over...just cant find much...there is a demolished 8010 2wd about 50 miles from me. I think the guy wants 15k CAD. THE SERVICE EVERYTHING LIGHT IS ON IN THAT ONE, no thanks. There is a 7040 at an auction about 150 miles from here May 30. It looks pretty decent, 20.38s, big fronts, maybe the 1100 x 16sl, is that right? Would be perfect for me but what are my chances? Of course I know sumerix and others in your corn belt have decent tractors for sale. And, they are 1000 miles from me, and I think that's a little far and complicated for an old stiff like me to go fetch. 7 years ago I bought a truck north of Los Angeles, flew down there, drove it back to Regina Saskatchewan 30 hours straight. LOTS of cigars...That behavior will not be approved by Mrs. Global Command, who by the way has had me eating drink coasters and bird seed for 4 years...
So, I am just putting the feelers out...Any body do any hotshot work?
Thanks gentlemen in advance, and sorry for the long boring post. wont happen again.
Trev.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 8:20pm
Trev, WELCOME back to the forum and to life!!  You HAVE been to hell and back.  WOW.  Can't help you with the tractors, as the biggest I have is a D-17.
I wish you the best my friend!!  You'll find something.....
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 9:03pm
Too bad you are so far away. One of my neighbors has a 7020 that has very few hours on it since a dealer overhaul. Rubber and sheet metal are excellent. Only problem I know of is the AC doesn't work.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 9:11pm
Like others Trev, welcome back.  Can't believe the he'll you been through and still here.
 I was to an auction yesterday and got there late, didn't see a D17 or the 190 sell but asked around and the D17 series III with some mod for 3pt sold for about 1700 US bucks... and the 190 sold for about 2 grand... and was a very early one. Good Luck in finding the "right one" for you.

He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 9:28pm
Trev, I think that if we look around enough, something will turn up.

Here's the way things generally happen:

You find something that's within your fiscal reach, but too far away.

We find someone with a trailer that can get it moved part way...
Someone else comes along that's got a trailer that goes more in your direction...

It winds up say... just south of the border... and you have a buddy drive you to... oh... say...  Williston.

A truck shows up at the truckstop, and unloads a tractor.  You fill it up, and head north, have lunch in Fortuna, and drive it to Tribune, mebbie Weyburn, and up onto a trailer there, and you're home three hours later.

The drive will give you plenty of time to hear it run...  ;-)
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 9:37pm
Trev, I vaguely remember you posting you had some problems, didn't know you nearly went to the AC farm in the sky!  Glad you made the trip back and are in the right mind again.  Dancing with the stars at 51 is way too young!
OK, if you are interested in a nice looking Allis 7 series, there are two on Big Iron.com that sell in two days and 14 hours, give or take.  They are both owned by McCall Farms in Yuma, Colorado.  I happen to know one of the family members but haven't talked to him about them yet.  One is a 1976 7040 PS, no hours listed, current bid $3,400.  The other is a 1978 7060 PD with 5755 hr, current bid $5,600.  There are videos of both.  Don't know what is going on with the family, will probably hear eventually.  As Bill Long always says, Good Luck!
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
TREVMAN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TREVMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 9:43pm
A 190 that is decent for 2k U.S.? Ill take two please...I'm found one in Ontario, they want a ton for it, and, its a LONG way from here...There is one in Alberta at a stealership, average, 15K CAD. Yikes...I will keep looking...
Thank you guys for your kind words. Despite all the mental diaheria in this world, there are still good people. They just happen to be orange, silver, maroon, black, cloud white, construction yellow, and VERY ATTRACTIVE.     except maybe Mr. Shameless, who I have not had the pleasure of making aquaintence with. But it seems he is being compared to a wooden samsquatch made with a chainsaw at a show Mr. Mel and Mr. David took some of their "little" tractors to...
Trev.
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 10:33pm
Trev, glad things turned out OK.Life is brief, and time is a thief! Can't imagine what went thru you mind. God Bless!
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
wekracer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wekracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 9:28am
Wow. I’m glad your back. The older I get the more I realize how precious life is. It’s good to hear from you again. Good luck on your hunt. Be patient and something will come along
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 9:46am
I cannot help you with tractor purchased but I am extremely happy to see that you have MADE IT BACK TO LIFE!!!
Welcome back to the form.
Hope you find what you are looking for.  Remember, you are now on borrowed time.  Make the most of it.
Good Luck!
Bill Long
johnkc View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnkc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 10:05am
Welcome back Trev
Patients is a virtue
Although tougher than we all know, you have been provided.
The right tractor will come your way.
I support the development of hybrid automobiles and alternative fuels as I need DIESEL fuel for my ALLIS CHALMERS!
Herb(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herb(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 10:07am
Welcome Back. Herb(GA)
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 10:14am
Trev,
As others have said welcome back with us. You really went through a ordeal!
Good luck finding the tractor that you want!
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Gary Burnett View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 10:26am
Keep poking there is a leak in there somewhereLOL
TREVMAN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TREVMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 10:47am
Dave I like the way You think...You should be concerned about that...throw the dice, one more time...right on. John, exactly the kind of leads Im looking for. I do not know this bigiron, I am aware of "purple wave". If it wouldnt be too much trouble maybe a forum member that is as nuts as me could eyeball a unit for me? Having a video and pictures is great, you cant beat a sharp Allis man (or woman) making the old orange assessment in person though...
Tracy, and Mr. Bill Long, and Mr. Wekracer, and Mr. Ted, and Dave K and others,thank you...
My life expectancy is basically zip...I dont care, I live every day, as much as I can, if that makes any sense. Aquiring an awareness that it is the end of days, no matter your beliefs, was an interesting experience. I had 6 doctors arguing about what to do with me in the cath lab, after they told me I was about to be fired permanently...I was sitting on a gurney naked. It was cold in there, o.k. I was sitting cause I couldnt breath laying down. I remember saying, "you guys mind if I step out for a smoke and a coffee while you figure this deal out? They laughed a little...I was serious...If they had said o.k. if you walk on your hands and sing the german national anthem backwards you can go, I woulda been doing that. I did NOT want to be there...I was lucky, too crazy and too stupid to die. I didnt know what was going on until months later. 
Its a low rent, sordid tale...today, Im fixin to put new baseboards in the living room that Mrs. Indoors picked out yesterday. And, look for a tractor...And, surf tht Unofficial Allis-Chalmers website, where I am a junior member. And, wage heavy peace on people...maybe a beer a little later. no smoking or coffee...

Thank you gentlemen again, very much. Keep the ideas coming...
with regard and sincerely Trev.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 11:12am
Wow!  What a journey.  Sounds like you have the right attitude for it.  I truly wish you all the best.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 11:48am
I sent an Email to Dale McCall about the tractors.  I don't know any Allis guys out in the Yuma area except him and he lives east of Longmont.  If I don't hear back today I'll call him.  He is "retired" but has two part time jobs, president of Rocky Mountain Farmers Union and working for the State School board association.  Looks like they take good care of their machinery, especially considering how good both those older tractors look and run. I keep thinking about the Power Shift one for myself, will see how the auction goes.  If you decide to bid, pm me so I don't bid you up.
Ive bought several items on Big Iron and have had no problems so far.

Edited by JohnCO - 09 Apr 2018 at 11:49am
acd21man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acd21man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 6:32pm
glad your are ok i dont have time to read all the other post but i wanna know what it was like when you died ?? if you dont mind me asking.. im a believer in the lord just wondering 
2 wd 45,2 D-17 diesel/gas 3 pt, 220,d21, 4020,2 4430s used daily http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCudh8Xz9_rZHhUC3YNozupw
Reindeer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reindeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 7:08pm
Hi Trevman

Good to hear you are up and about the ward.  Sounds like it was closer than any of us want.    

Looks to me like the spring  listings are just starting to show up on Craigslist and Kijiji.  All winter there is almost nothing, and now some tractors just appeared since the sun came out on the prairies today.  Keep an eye on Kijiji for Alberta.  For some reason it is more popular here than Craigslist.  Still putzing with the D15 S2 I bought last fall.  Have it buttoned up and running good, now on to tires, and sheet metal and cosmetics.

Hope you find what you are looking for.

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 9:32pm

WOW,,Trevman,,,what a story of life,,,WHAT A STORY,,,,!!!!!! L I like your attitude and way of thinkin,,,that will get you way on down the road. I can't help with any info on tractors you are looking for,,,but I do wish you the best on your complete comeback.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 11:02pm
Got this from McCall Farm;
John,Yes that is our farm machinery. We are going to be leasing equipment going forward.  Leasing seems to be the best way to have quality equipment for our major custom haying operation. Tell your Canadian friends to bid early and often.

Dale
OK guys, bid early and often!
TREVMAN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TREVMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 11:56pm
Thanks again for kind words...
Reindeer, usually Alberta has more Allis tractors for sale on kijiji than Manitoba and Saskatchewan combined. not so much since last summer...I dunno, maybe its still too cold...We will secure something juicy...a 7060...never operated one...black belly...I think my cheese just slid off my cracker...
Take care y'all, Trev
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 6:16am
Welcome Back from the edge Trev. You have been through the wringer!. Have my own story now 14 years old, You got to love our Canadian health care system ! We need all the Canadian A-C guys that we can get. I'll keep my eyes open for you. You have nothing better to do now than to take care of yourself  
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic