This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

912h

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerkendave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 912h
    Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 12:48pm
Hey everyone. New to the garden tractors, currently I have 190xt , d17 IV and had a styled WC. Just came across a 912H for sale. They are asking 250 bucks. Missing the gas tank and says it needs wiring fixed. The deck also looks rough in the pictures. The rest of the tractor looks decent. My questions are how are these tractors, how is the price, and do they make a rear tiller for them? I have a large zero turn Ariens I mow with so I'm mainly looking for something that I could till the garden with.
Sponsored Links

gerkendave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerkendave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 12:50pm
Guess I should also mention I seen a 710 no deck with a tiller that hasn't ran in 2 years with a bad seat listed for 1000. Seems real high to me but maybe I'm wrong
Jim Hancock View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Hancock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 4:44pm
 Hi Dave. 
The tractor is fine. 
I'd snatch that up if I were you for $250. 
It's solid built.  
I think you can still find gas tanks for them.
And Yes, you can still find rear tillers for them. 

I've got that one's big brother who's a 914 H, and his little brother, a 712 S.
Does that one have an H or S after the 912? 
The 12, 14, 16.... is the HP of the engine. 

I missed seeing the H in your post, the orange color blended in with the yellow background when I looked at it from an angle. 

Edited by Jim Hancock - 17 Dec 2017 at 4:48pm
How blessed we are by HIS GRACE!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerkendave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 4:48pm
As far as I can tell it just says 912 then below that says hydro. Anyone know where a tiller could be found for it around Nebraska?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Hancock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 4:50pm
Craigslist would be my first choice and branch out from there to other states. 

Edited by Jim Hancock - 17 Dec 2017 at 4:50pm
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Hancock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 6:13pm
Here's one in Lincoln, along with the tractor and other implements. 

The sleeve hitch should allow it to work like it needs to. 

This is the mounting style that you need to look for. 

Edited by Jim Hancock - 17 Dec 2017 at 6:20pm
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerkendave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 6:57pm
Thanks Jim. Do these older Allis garden tractors come with a sleeve hitch from factory?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Hancock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 7:09pm
As far as I know, they do. 
But, I'm open to correction, too. 
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 7:34pm
I don't think they came standard, they were extra.
I have a 917H I bought at auction when it was about a year old, and a Simplicity Just like it this last spring, although it looks to be newer.

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Hancock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 12:14pm
Dave,
Look at the pics in my post above about the OLD Simplicity. 
It has a pic of the "style" of tiller that you'd be looking for to go on your 912H, if it has that sleeve hitch. 

Edited by Jim Hancock - 21 Dec 2017 at 12:29pm
Toscani NE SD View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toscani NE SD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 8:26pm
you don't need a sleeve hitch for a tiller, they mount right up, but that old yellow tiller is for older b series allis, won't be correct for a 912, sleeve hitches are for plows
Toscani NE SD View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toscani NE SD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 8:31pm
I should have added you will need a lift arm and cable, and a  pulley that goes underneath tractor,and various collars though, if yours doesn't have one ebay probably does , they are around $100 or more, you cant till without one , ps there are plenty of correct tillers for sale around, just start looking
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerkendave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 6:28am
Thanks everyone!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic