This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Win Some, Lose Some

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimNearFortWorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Win Some, Lose Some
    Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 10:57pm
Was looking for something to mount for a 8' seed box on my Brillion Mulcher Tucker and decided making another pass is no big deal on my smaller acreage. Settled on a Gandy drop spreader vs. broadcasting like I have been but finding a used one near me in a 8' model proved fruitless. Low and behold, one pops up on CL about 45 minutes away, 12' with hydraulic open/close, great shape and for 750.00 vs. nearly 7000.00 new (without freight), I took a little road trip with the gooseneck Sunday.
Turn on the computer when I get home at 9:00 pm and find an ad 4 hours old listing a number of JD, a couple of Farmalls and a D10 with factory 3-pt.
Took a chance calling so late but jumped on the D10 as only asking 1000.00, and it was "restored". Listened to the son explain that his 90 yo father had built up the collection for years, did a little showing/pulling until his health issues put him off his feet six months ago and all tractors were stored inside wired to solar battery tenders. Told him I would take it and would be over in the morning (3 hour drive) and he wanted me to call him before leaving so he could relay directions. Called him this morning and he advised he had two different guys offering to take the entire collection for the individual asking prices he had listed and he decided to accept the first fella that asked so they would be gone. Would have fit nice with my 1960 model D12 as same features and you just don't see many in that configuration of that year; factory 3-pt.,live pto and live hydraulics. Offered him 1500.00 but he advised the fella he sold them to had already paid and two tractor trailers were on the way to pick them up.
Win some, lose some.
Sponsored Links

lowell66dart View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowell66dart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 6:57am
I saw that D10 too. It went cheap at $1000.
AC 6080 (8030,7060,200,175,D-17HC, 6040,160,6140 all gone) Farmall 1066 & 656 Hi-Clear (for sale), White 2-62 High Clearance, JD 4255 Hi Clear.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 8:36am
Tim, you shoulda taken the 3 hours and went and got it right away......Oh well.....you kinda got my luck....ya win some, you lose more.....I keep losing too.....Cry

Edited by Ted J - 10 Jan 2017 at 8:36am
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
TimNearFortWorth View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimNearFortWorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 11:34am
If I had seen the ad earlier than 9:00 pm, I would have swapped to my smaller trailer and hit the road right then. Then again, if I had ended up with it, I would have gone right out and bought a lottery ticket after the slam dunk on the Gandy unit!
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 6:57pm
Bargains always happen, when I aint around, too...Cry
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic