This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis 7030--Air in System

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
GM Guy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis 7030--Air in System
    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by jazzsuds jazzsuds wrote:

Hi Stan

Do you have the part number for the fuel line from the tank to the primer I have a 7040 with the same issue

A good auto parts store should have bulk 5/8 fuel hose.

If your 7040 is early enough and hasnt been updated, it will have the draw straw in the tank and the small plastic tubing. Not a great setup, best to convert to bottom draw with the 5/8 hose. If you dont have the fittings, most salvage machines still have theirs, takes a goofy fitting on the square filter housing, best to get the tank fittings as well.

Great time to add the optional auxillary tank if yours is not equipped.
Gleaner: the properly engineered and built combine.

If you need parts for your Gleaner, we are parting out A's through L2's, so we may be able to help.
Sponsored Links

jazzsuds View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzsuds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2021 at 11:40am
Hi Stan

Do you have the part number for the fuel line from the tank to the primer I have a 7040 with the same issue

Edited by jazzsuds - 09 Jul 2021 at 11:41am
ryan(IN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryan(IN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 8:54am
When your run it out of fuel you need to bleed the system. Meaning that pump under the filter.
ryan
1984 8070 FWA,1979 7060,1975 7040,1971 190,1960 D-17D,1957 D-14, 196? D-19G, 1975 5040,1971? 160,1994 R62
Kevin(Alabama) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin(Alabama) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 7:54am

It may just not have all the air out of the system yet, but it should clear up. But if not, one way to tell where leak is, is to take supply line lose from tank and with fuel in line put a little air pressure on line and it should drip fuel where the leak is.

"I would die a thousand deaths before I would betray a friend."...Sam Davis, Nov. 27, 1863.....DEO VINDICE
StanOhio View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StanOhio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 11:04pm
My 7040 did that too. It was main fuel line from tank to primer. Had small crack in it and would suck air when running. I replaced plunger on primer pump twice and messed with it for 2 years. I was about to take injection pump off when I found a soft spot in main line, after I topped it off of coarse! Drained all the fuel out and replaced line and runs fine now. Hopefully that helps someone out.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 7:47pm
I,d loosen 3 of the main  lines to the injectors to bleed them and keep it running ; it,ll run on 3 and the rest should clean themselves out ; hopefully
downtownjr View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote downtownjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 6:45pm
Anybody ever experienced air getting into 7000 series Allis fuel system.? A friend borrowed my 7030 to run his round baler when his JD 2955 broke down.  He ran it really low on fuel he stated.  Anyway, it did not want to start.  Finally got it going and noticed bubbles in the water separator. 
 Is the pump looking device to the right of the water separator the manual pump.  I do not have a manual on this...bought it last fall at an auction.  Ran great until I got it back...I poured 5 gallons in it started it to pull up to the fuel tanks and it ran for about 10 seconds.  Wouldn't start after that.  Used ether to get it going after looking things over.  It runs now but acts like it still has air...not burping it all out.  Unless any other thoughts...I am open to them.  Like to get it running well again...still have have 12 acres of my own hay to finish.  Thanks.
www.haytalk.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic