This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD 11 EP transmission issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragboat1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD 11 EP transmission issues
    Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 5:36pm
I,m looking at at hd11 EP they said it would just quit moving. Then in a little while it would start back. don't know what to look for. Was thinking about buying it just not sure weather to make the leap. Don't know if I can trans. Parts . Any thoughts would be nice.has anyone every had this problem .thanks.
Sponsored Links

JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2016 at 12:15am
I've got to assume the oil level in the trans/torque converter has been checked?
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
dragboat1 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragboat1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2016 at 6:13am
Far as I know don't know anything about the power shift. Under the seat there is one dipstick I did check that it didn't touch. But it hasn't been run in a few years. I there a different place to check converter fluid. Some one has changed one big hose going to the bottom of the transmission . Also should it be running when you check the fluid.     The only numbers I found were HD 11 EP 12303 not sure what year it is. Thankyou
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2016 at 8:01am
Final case/trans is the oil supply point, the under seat stick will be the one for level.  You will want to see it fairly high on the stick before startup as considerable oil drains back when shut down, running level is checked at temp in neutral.  Will be a scavenge/supply pump on the tractor, usually engine or torque converter flywheel driven so the engine can power up the hydraulics, if the line changed is for the suction there it could be sucking air there, I had that happen with a brand new hydraulic line on my scavenge/supply pump for my power shift 7G.

Screens are really fine mesh on these, takes considerable materials to stop one up but they will stop up.  I would consider drain off old oil, pull and clean screen(s), replace filter(s) install correct weight oil to the refill quantity on data tag or manual and try it.

Edited by DMiller - 30 Jun 2016 at 8:03am
dragboat1 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragboat1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2016 at 9:00am
The line comes from a pump on the torque converter housing. I will try that. Are those transmissions hard rebuild. And are parts available for them. Thats kind of what I was thinking. He said that he took it to a trade school. But I don't think they did much work on it. Thank you again I will see what else I can find out.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2016 at 8:29am
The pump on the converter housing is shaft driven from the flywheel side of the converter, there should be a larger diameter hose from the trans sump area and smaller high pressure hose to the feed block of the trans.  Larger diameter hose cannot have kinks, rub throughs or soft spots and behind the sump fitting there should be a removable strainer, on mine is a four bolt block that removes. The high pressure line should feed thru a filter then to controls system and feeds into trans.

Will need to get on Minnpars web site and look up your machine to determine how much is still available internal to trans.  They are a beast to get into but are workable provided parts still out there.
dragboat1 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragboat1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2016 at 8:20am
Thank you I haven't had time to check. Will check next week a.Thank for your feedback. Sounds like were on Wright track.will let you know. Thanks again.
dragboat1 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragboat1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2016 at 6:56pm
thanks  .Mr miller .going to go bust it off tomorow. let you know how it goes. may have some more questions.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic