This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Woods mower CA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D17JIM2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Woods mower CA
    Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 7:54am
My brother purchased a CA with a woods belly mower. Great little tractor but we have tried to get the wrap on the drive belt correct and can't get it to stay on. There is a picture for the belt on the mower but not how to get it around the drive pully and 2 ldler pullies. The drive pully is on the left side of the pto. Any help would be appreciated. He'd really like to mow with it soon. Tractor looks and runs great. THX, Jim          
Sponsored Links

KenBWisc View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KenBWisc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 7:57am
You can download the manual at the Wood's site on line. 
'34 WC #629, '49 G, '49 B, '49 WD, '62 D-19, '38 All Crop 60 and still hunting!
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 8:43am
Go Here http://woodsequipment.com/uploadedFiles/Products/Manuals/29936.pdf download the manual. Pay attention to the alignment section of the manual. when installing the belt its critical that you check belt alingment. there is a diagram of the belt in the manual. if your belt is old and floppy it won't stay on. Buy a good belt the PIX belts are better than woods belts. generic belts won't stay on. I usually get a couple years from a belt and I mow 12 acres every week. The twist of the belt is important its in the manual.
D17JIM2 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D17JIM2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 10:22am
Thanks a lot ! I copied the manual and will take it with me to the farm. I think I see what we we were doing but will check it out when I go there later today. I'm not real good at finding what I want on the puter sometimes so thanks again. Jim
Charlie175 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 11:01am
Yep it matters for sure, took us a while to figure it out but it works great now.
Charlie

'48 B, '51 CA, '56 WD45 '61 D17, '63 D12, '65 D10 , '68 One-Ninety XTD
GregLawlerMinn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregLawlerMinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 4:15pm
Don't forget; the level/alignment of ALL the pulleys are very important. The manuals will tell you what they need to be at.
What this country needs is more unemployed politicians-and lawyers.
Currently have: 1 D14 and a D15S2.
With new owners: 2Bs,9CAs,1WD,2 D12s,5D14s,3D15S2s, 2D17SIVs,D17D,1D19D;1 Unstyled WC
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 4:49pm
Woods makes a 59 and an L59. L is for left handed rotation and is what you want for the Allis tractor. This would be counter clockwise rotation looking down at the mower. The L59 has left handed blades and left handed threads for the blade retaining bolts.
 I have a 59 that was sold to an Allis B owner and he could never get it to work worth a hoot. I bought left handed blades for it and use an impact to tighten the right handed bolt in the spindles. I did run it right handed the first year and had all kinds of trouble with the belt, keeping it on and tight.
 When stored over winter, it's best to remove the belt so it doesn't take a "set". I like to flip my belt over every year so it doesn't wear and 'set" one way over time.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
D17JIM2 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D17JIM2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 1:05pm
Thanks !!! works ! Jim
elbyCJett View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elbyCJett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 6:37am
This post is two years old.  I was searching for a manual for my Woods L59.  The Woods site does not appear to have it on-line any more.  So, does anyone have the manual in .pdf they would be willing to share?  It is for a CA tractor.
D-14, 160, 2 - CAs, 2 - Bs, 2 Gs Roto-Baler, 82S Mower, Rake,444 baler, Kentucky
GregLawlerMinn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregLawlerMinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 6:50am
pm me your regular email and I will send you the manual in the pdf format
What this country needs is more unemployed politicians-and lawyers.
Currently have: 1 D14 and a D15S2.
With new owners: 2Bs,9CAs,1WD,2 D12s,5D14s,3D15S2s, 2D17SIVs,D17D,1D19D;1 Unstyled WC
sandman2234 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandman2234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 8:45pm
I remounted the mower under my B and then changed the rear leveler. That in turn loosened the belt, just a tiny, tiny bit. I noticed when I loaded the mower with heavy grass the belt would squeal, which meant it was slipping. Not good! Be sure and keep the belt tight!!!
  David from jax
A proud member of the Allis Express movement!
               Northeast Florida
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic