This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

High priced D-19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BLee Mn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: High priced D-19
    Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 12:36pm
Just finnished 19 project, added up receipts, Ouch!! I'll never get my money back, paid to much for tractor, Oh well, Live and learn, but i have a nice tractor that should last along time. plus it was fun and gave me sumthing to do this winter. now on to Dads 45 Deiseluploads/488/IM000462.JPG
Cowboy UP
Sponsored Links

BLee Mn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BLee Mn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 12:40pm
Cowboy UP
LloydCentWi View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LloydCentWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 12:40pm
Great looking tractor! What kind of $ did you end up putting into it?< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" ="">
BLee Mn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BLee Mn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 12:42pm
1 st attemp at post ing pics sorry for big pic
Cowboy UP
BLee Mn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BLee Mn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 12:46pm
 embarresed to say, paid 6,000 for tractor,  4,000 in repairs, clutch, head , injectors, radiator, 1,000 paint, guages, decals, misc
Cowboy UP
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 12:48pm
Yeah, that's kind of how it works. Pretty tough to do a nice restoration not overlooking anything and not spend more than the tractor is worth. I have almost $8K in an Oliver 60, tractor was free. It was totally worn out. All new bearings in the trans, tires, remanufactured engine (didn't cut any corners). I think a really nice one would bring $3K.
Great looking D19 though. 
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
BLee Mn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BLee Mn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 12:49pm
tryin to fig this pic deal out
Cowboy UP
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 12:51pm
BLee,
Very nice looking outfit.  Got any more stack weights?
Brian
barky View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 12:55pm
I have one I don't like to talk about, paid to much to start with.Everybody deserves one I guess.
rrhead(SD) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rrhead(SD) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 2:22pm
Nice looking tractor. I paid $2500 of my D-19D about 7 years ago. Still haven't got to the point of improving it's looks. Hope to have it as nice as yours someday. rrhead(SD)

MikeB (SD) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeB (SD) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 2:22pm
 Great looking D-19 Brian. Love the narrow front turbo diesel combo, I've never seen a narrow front out this way. You and Shipansky will have to get together for a photo shoot. The engine overhaul kits costs as much as a D21. I can tell it was getting expensive, you didn't spring for the chrome exhaust pipe.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 2:29pm
Brian, that is one beautiful tractor you have there.
 Is that 18.4 or 16.9 rubber on the back?
 Looks like implement tires on front, might want to go to tri ribe or else front end will slide around lot more. Really neat to see her on tricycle front end, usually wide front is all I see.
 Man that is one heck of a job you did there, something to really be proud of.
The 45 Diesel will look great when you get that one done too.
  I like the link you put on here, made it easier to look at in full screen mode.
AKA.ON View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKA.ON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 3:07pm
That may be in my opinion the nicest tractor I've seen.
omahagreg View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omahagreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 3:18pm
That narrow front kinda growing on me now...!  Can't say I've seen one quite like that before-I for one am glad you spent that much! Looks real purdy!
Greg Kroeker
1950 WD with wide front and Freeman trip loader
MikeB (SD) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeB (SD) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 5:08pm
 Checked the production book only about 170 turbo diesel narrow fronts ever made.

Its to bad AC never got this into production a couple years earlier. They really didn't have anything to compete with the popular Farmall 560's, MM M5's, Case 800/830's/900/930's.
AndrewGubbels View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewGubbels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 5:16pm
looks great!!!

andrew
Andrew Gubbels
Gubbels Restoration
Matt (Jordan,MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt (Jordan,MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 9:56pm
Looks good. I paid $800.00 for mine then had to buy another engine for $900 that needed a little TLC. But the block didn't have 4 holes in it where #5 rod was trying to fly out. I doesn't look like much but shure does run nice.
Skyhighballoon(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyhighballoon(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 10:00pm
BLee - I concur with the don't feel bad sentiments too...I figured I got at least 7K in my D17 Series IV and I inherited the tractor the tractor from my late father for nothing.  Your D19 looks great.  I like that it's a NF as well.  Mike
1981 Gleaner F2 Corn Plus w 13' flex
1968 Gleaner EIII w 10' & 330
1969 180 gas
1965 D17 S-IV gas
1963 D17 S-III gas
1956 WD45 gas NF PS
1956 All-Crop 66 Big Bin
303 wire baler, 716H, 712H mowers
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 5:45am
I have over $4,000 maybe closer to $4,500 in my WD. I swear I'll never do something like that again. That 19 sure looks sweet though. You know I do have my xt in the shop with the front end off. I could go a little further with it..........
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
DonDittmar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonDittmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 6:03am
The D262T engine is expensive if you have to get into it. But they are nice tractors. wouldnt trade mine for anything. Fun to drive.
Experience is a fancy name for past mistakes. "Great moments are born from great opportunity"

1968 D15D,1962 D19D
Also 1965 Cub Loboy and 1958 JD 720 Diesel Pony Start
Jack(Ky) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack(Ky) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 6:11am
There used to be a D19D narrow front here in the county. If I had known they were rare I might have tried to get it. Yours looks great.JP   
Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 6:12am
That is just pure sexy. I know you have a lot in it, both time and money, but look what you have. You cannot buy a new one today that can do or equal what you have unless you spend at least twice what you have in that one. Thanks for posting. God Bless.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
scott View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 6:16am
Very nice job. Got a before pic?
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 6:59am
Now that is just plain sharp, thanks for posting the pics. Only advise I can give is people who keep track of costs vs values dont restore many tractors. I realy dont have much of an idea what we have in our tractors in total. When Betsy says slow down! I do, when she says OK, I spend. We were lucky in that we aquired some of our higher valued tractors before the hobby took off.  We have a few bucks in our d-19 also, it just doesnt look like much yet. We do have the mechanics fixed and that gas motor runs sooo smooth. As you can see I like the narrow fronts also. Some day to be  like yours I hope. The narrow front realy sets off a D-19 IMO.

Oldoug View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 7:41am
Great looking D-19 Brian.  I'd like to see more pics!!!  Don't feel bad about the money you can spend it on a lot worse things and any of us that restore things have been there.
Nathan (SD) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan (SD) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 8:36am

Was that the tractor from Farrell in Utah?

Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 11:05am
You did a good job Brian! Kinda glad I was a day late and a dollar short on that one!  If I would have known you had that much money to put into one I would have sold you one of mine :-)
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 9:50pm
You got to love ORANGE on white.Great looking tractor.Worth every penny.Like the other guys said,look what you have,Where would you find a new one.
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
Bob(FL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob(FL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 12:20pm
I went thru mine front to back top to bottom everything got rebuilt, sand blasted and painted then assembled and touched up, spent between 18 and 20k on parts and paint and blasting.
BLee Mn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BLee Mn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 5:15pm
tractor came from Utah, but not Farrell, 16.9x38s on rear. Bob, thanx I feel better now!! was not an original NF, i added , but is a factory 3pt
Cowboy UP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic