This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

articulating Allis WC?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MNLonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: articulating Allis WC?
    Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 10:17pm
Here is an interesting tractor on Craigslist. Would be nice to have more info. Looks like WC rearends.

Waukesha B, B, IB, G, styled WF, D15, 615 backhoe, 2-Oliver OC3's, 4 Ford Model T's, 3 Model A Fords, AV8 Coupe, AV8 Roadster, 1933 Ford Wrecker
Sponsored Links

JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 12:56am
Would make a good collectors item to take to shows, don't know how much it would be good for farming.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
MNLonnie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MNLonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 6:32am
I thought it looked kind of neat but yeah, what would you use it for. If it had an Allis engine instead of an off breed I would probably go take a look.
Waukesha B, B, IB, G, styled WF, D15, 615 backhoe, 2-Oliver OC3's, 4 Ford Model T's, 3 Model A Fords, AV8 Coupe, AV8 Roadster, 1933 Ford Wrecker
JayIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 6:38am
Man, wish that was closer to me!!!!!!!!!!!
sometimes I walk out to my shop and look around and think "Who's the idiot that owns this place?"
HagerAC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HagerAC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 7:11am
We've got a set-up kinda similar, but its got an A-C 201 engine on the front, and two WC rearends in it.  Basically a 4WD WC i guess.  It was junked out and we got the remainder of it for parts.  Kinda neat, but a pretty crude job of putting it together.
30+ A-Cs ranging from a 1928 20-35, to a 1984 8070FWA, Gleaner R52
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 7:46am
There was a photo on here a while back where some one had combined 2 WD 45 tractors. They took the wheels off the front and connected them where they articulated in the center for steering.Have not seen this photo in a while,,, any body gots that photo to share?
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
R.W View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R.W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 1:07pm
Looks like it would be good at dragging logs! Cool
In Search Of: 1958 Allis Chalmers D17 Diesel serial #9643D
OrangeKiwi(NZ) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrangeKiwi(NZ) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by Pat the Plumber CIL Pat the Plumber CIL wrote:

Have not seen this photo in a while,,, any body gots that photo to share?

Could this be the photo, Pat ? I saved this one from the forum.
G226WD View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G226WD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 8:13pm
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by OrangeKiwi(NZ) OrangeKiwi(NZ) wrote:

Thats it. Ask and thou shall recieve. Thanks Orange Kiwi
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
one54dodgetruck View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote one54dodgetruck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by OrangeKiwi(NZ) OrangeKiwi(NZ) wrote:

anyone know how these are coupled? also what are they using for linkage for shifter?
andrew
2 WDs
B
B112
D14
D15 shuttle
Hd7w
D14
D15
7040 pd
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 9:47pm
I knew a guy that had a Minnie Mo U behind a UB like that . He pulled 5-16's in some real tuff clay hills most of the time:) His front tractor had front wheels to steer and the back set on an I beam bolted under the UB. The only control he had of the rear tractor from up front was a lever to run the hand clutch. He put the back tractor in 2nd gear, opened the throttle up and climbed on the front tractor and took of. When he was ready to drop the plow, he pulled the clutch in on the rear tractor and went to plowin. The only problem he ever told me of was the first time he came to the head land he tried to back off on the throttle (instinct) but only slower the front tractor. Since he had already started to turn, the faster running rear tractor jack-knifed him and he shoved through the fence, almost to the road before he could get the hand clutch disengaged for the back tractor. He soon figured out how to turn on the ends at full throttle. 
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic