This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

190XT III injectors

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 190XT III injectors
    Posted: 05 Feb 2012 at 10:37am
questions. I have had the 6 injectors soaking for a month. We just hooked them to my friends tester and pumped them up. Cracking pressure is supposed to be around 3400 psi. I had only 1 that atomized correctly and it cracked at 2800. The others seemed to spray out of 3 orifices. My question is [before I read the manual] are they supposed to spray out 4 holes? I only saw 3 patterns on most. Is there any way to clean out these orifices or just replace the tips? I have to get this project going!!! I know how to adjust cracking pressures but wondered how many spray orifices theres supposed to be and it they are possible to clean out. Thanks, Dana
Sponsored Links

Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2012 at 11:53am
I have taken them apart and soaked them in carb cleaner them used  my little bitty drill bit set to clean the holes out. Just don't make the holes bigger when you do it.
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2012 at 12:13pm
4X .012" holes. need to disassemble to really clean. don't remember any 190's being 3400 psi. 
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
captaindana View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2012 at 3:32pm
OK guys. I tore apart the injectors and have the pieces soaking in brake cleaner. I really don't think the solvent will open the plugged orifices but I will try. Five of the six tips only spray through 3 and the one is good on all 4. I believe the corrosion is in the orifices and wont clean but will try. Does anyone have the tips #4036044? I would like to buy a good set of 6, and hoping they come with those needle valves also? Thanks, Dana PS Thanks Ed, I knew they were really tiny holes;.012! And the book says 2500 on bench would make them 3450 under compression? So when I get new tips bench 'em at 2500.
AC200Puller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC200Puller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2012 at 7:35pm
Pop off preasure is 3475 for the injectors . And save yourself some time and money in the long run get all new tips . And yes they do come complete with the needle inside but I always try not to touch them or take them apart the acid on your hands could be enough to make them sticky.
captaindana View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2012 at 7:50pm
Thankis AC200Puller. So is the pop pressure on the bench set to 3475 or as my book had me believe 2500 on the bench?
Dnoym N. S. Can. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dnoym N. S. Can. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2012 at 8:54pm
Captaindana witch injection pump do you have
on the tractor ? i was told that 2500 to 2800 on
the bench but it was not all that important .
unless you are competing for power like some do .
it is very important that they are all the same  
 HTH      B:-)      Dnoym

MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2012 at 9:27pm
2800 or 2900 is enough. That pump won't take 3475 very long. Nothing to gain at 3475 and a pump to loose.   MACK
AC200Puller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC200Puller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 8:40am
In my allis chalmers service manual it says 3475 + or - 25 psi this is where the fuel will atomise and be at optimum efficiency.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 8:56am
The "book" and real life often clash. I'd say Mack has BTDT but suit yourself.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic