This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Disc harrow for B

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott(SC) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Disc harrow for B
    Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 2:32pm
I bought this today for parts, and had never seen a disc like this before. It looks factory. Is it original?
Sponsored Links

JohnCinMd View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCinMd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 2:54pm
They look like fairly new tires, & side weights too! Nice looking B.  Oops, except for that one rear.....

Edited by JohnCinMd - 28 Jun 2011 at 2:55pm
Murph-NC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murph-NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 7:33pm
Planter sprocket and shutters too!
'41 C w/Woods L503 mower, #3 mower, 2-way plows for C
Auntwayne View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auntwayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 8:23pm
      That is a nice straight tractor,the disc is also in good shape ( its called a Miller ) I think you are in for great time restoring the pair, good luck !!!
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 9:21pm
Nice find. And a good set of side weights. It looks like it is one of the later B's. That disc looks like it may have been a pull behind but has seen some farmer modifications.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Scott(SC) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott(SC) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 9:22pm
Could someone tell me how to make the pictures smaller, please.
Scott(SC) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott(SC) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 9:26pm
The disc looked like it was made for the B and hitched in the front drawbar holes with drawbar pins. I guess with the sideweights it would do alright. I didn't think the cylinder would be that strong though.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 9:40pm
Two cylinders will lift it; don't know about just one.

Use a photo shop program on your computer to resize the pictures before you upload them to the forum. Some will automatically resize them for uploading.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 10:00pm
It's called resizing to make pics fit the format. You need to have somebody smarter than I to tell you how to do it.

It's been way over 50 years since I disked down a picked over patch of sweet corn on the old 111th streef farm on Chicagos south side with a B. Ours was a small pull type tandem by who knows who. I'm sorry I can't help you much with you question of originality. Everybody just used tandem drawbar pulled disks in  northern  Ill and In back in those days.
    The first single disk I ever saw or used was was one mounted on a 8N. This was when I moved to Texas in 68. I borrowed it from a neighbor to break up a tater patch. They called them Bush-Bobs or Brush -Bob disks. Can't, for the life of me, remember which one it was for sure.
    I love them all them B Allis tractors as much a Bill Long does.  I have several in pieces in the barn. I have most of the engines in running condition, Just don't have enough Carbs and water pumps to run all them at once. Plenty of hot Mags though.
    Get that thing off the trailer and get to work on it.  Get it running and driveing and worry about making it look pretty last.
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by Scott(SC) Scott(SC) wrote:

Could someone tell me how to make the pictures smaller, please.

After you upload the picture to this site, click on the preview if the picture doesn't show up and there are width and height boxes with numbers in them. Make those numbers close to 800 and 600 to almost fit the page. You have to keep the ratio  between the numbers the same or it will stretch  them.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 10:59pm
Poor thing is blind in one eye and can't see out of the other.

http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Scott(SC) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott(SC) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 6:59am
Here's a better picture of the disc.
BrettPhillips View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrettPhillips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 8:29am
Athens used a mounting system similar to that for their Disc Plows.  Could it be an Athens?  It looks heavy enough to be one of theirs...  Any way you slice it, that's a neat implement!
Scott(SC) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott(SC) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 9:59am
I found this stamped in the frame:
King Plow Co
Atlanta  Ga
Model  ACL  150
George Davenport View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Davenport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 10:47am
Looks like a King Bush & Bog.  Used to pull down a row and split it or "double-cut" flat fields.  Slow work but was a heavy duty disk. 
DREAM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DREAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 9:41pm
Same style harrow as the one I have that was my grandads, except it is a trailer-type.
Looks good. I would definitely keep it. How bad is the tractor? I noticed the top is off the air cleaner stack. Stuck?
I didn't do it! It was a short, fat, tall, skinny guy that looked like me!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic