This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Truck Tires

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curt IA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Truck Tires
    Posted: 01 May 2011 at 8:23pm
I know this is off topic, but I always get good opinions here. I have to buy new tires for my 99 Chevy Silverado 4x4, any suggestion on brands. Normal use is pulling stock trailer to sale barn, county fair. Truck is parked 90% of the time so I do not need something real agressive, would just like to have something that will go thru snow in the winter and fairly quite on the highway.
p265/75r16

TIA
Curt
Sponsored Links

allis restorer View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allis restorer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 8:33pm
Discover ATR are a good Tire, Not Real aggressive and will still go through mud and snow no problem, and are real quite on the highway, best tires ive had.  Steve

Edited by allis restorer - 01 May 2011 at 8:33pm
Go orange or Go home!!
SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 8:36pm
best tires i had, they don't make anymore! i had to get new tires on my '97, sooooo... with the cash flow tight right now, i have purchased KUMO tires, cheap and so far haven't been stuck with them. i do run mud/snow tires all the way around all year! their tread doesn't look to bad.
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 8:58pm
I have Goodyear Wrangler "Authority" tires on my 98. They really hook up well in snow. They will make some noise, but not really any more than you'd expect from a snow tire.
Shameless, kind of a funny story on your Kumho tires. I had a lady come in one day, said she needed new tires on her pickup. This gal was absolutely nothing to look at. I'd have to say her personality made up for everything she didn't have in the looks dept and then some. The way she said, "I need new tires and I don't want tires that say 'Come Hoe' on them." pretty well made my day...
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 9:19pm
I bought a set of Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo II's. Good traction in snow and mud and they are reasonably quiet.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Nate (OH) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nate (OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 9:24pm

Mastercraft C/T   they are about half way between m/t and a/t.  got 60k outta the last set i had. 

Nathan (SD) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan (SD) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 10:25pm
I went from 265 to 245 tires and my mileage went up. They handle better on the snow too. 
Denis in MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis in MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by SHAMELESS SHAMELESS wrote:

best tires i had, they don't make anymore! i had to get new tires on my '97, sooooo... with the cash flow tight right now, i have purchased KUMO tires, cheap and so far haven't been stuck with them. i do run mud/snow tires all the way around all year! their tread doesn't look to bad.

I put 6 of those Kuhmo tires on my truck 5 years ago and they are still going strong, but I only use the truck when I have to pull my gooseneck trailer.  I don't really like buying foreign tires but they were cheap, and I had two tires blow out on one trip and the other four were bald.  I think I got them for about 70 a piece now I can barely get four tires for my half ton for what those cost.
1938 B, 1945 B, 1941 IB, 1949 C, 2 1938 WCs, 3 1950 WDs, 1951 WD, 2 1955 WD45, 1957 D-14
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic