This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis 7000 Hydraulic Issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NNYFarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis 7000 Hydraulic Issue
    Posted: 23 Oct 2024 at 12:47pm
I changed the hydraulic fluid in my allis 7000. Because there was water in the system, I blew out the lines (If I wasn't supposed to do this let me know) including the cooler, but not the pump.

New filter
New fluid

Now when I try to steer, the wheel goes immediately to the left/right (depending on what direction I try to steer) and the steering just pounds away trying to go in that direction. The only way to stop it is to shut off the tractor and restart it.

I've bled all the lines. Before this I could move the front wheels by the steering wheel without the tractor on. Now they don't move no matter what I do.

The hydraulics worked perfectly before the change.

Any ideas?

Edited by NNYFarmer - 23 Oct 2024 at 12:48pm
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2024 at 1:51pm
Crossed up lines somewhere.
NNYFarmer View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NNYFarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2024 at 2:49pm
No. The lines haven't been changed at all. I'm the only one using the tractor so no one else could have done it
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2024 at 2:57pm
OK. Well, you said you blew out the lines. I would have assumed that meant you had to disconnect them somewhere. So, if the lines are routed correctly, the problem must be in the steering orbitrol itself. Why ??? I have no idea. If it was steering properly before, I cannot imagine why there would be a problem now. Hydraulic filter installed backwards ??????

Edited by DrAllis - 23 Oct 2024 at 2:58pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic