This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

8050 Fuel line diameter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnwilson_osf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 8050 Fuel line diameter
    Posted: 14 hours 53 minutes ago at 6:33pm
Hello Orange Family,
I was discing with the 8050 tonight, when a huge cloud of white smoke came billowing out from under the hood.  Managed to find a hole in the number 5 injector line kist below the ehxaust manifold.  Hot manifold, and good flowing fuel, = lots of white smoke.  

Now I need to repair.  It was getting dark, so I will work on it in the light tomorrow.  I am thinking of bending my own fuel line to replace this one.  It has been a while since I had one of these apart.  I forget if the flare at the end is single, or double.  I know I have some new rubber washers that seal the line under the threaded cap.  

In addition to the type of flare, does anyone know the diameter of the line?  Can I Get fuel or transmission line from the store to work?  
In case it matters, it is the set up where the lines all go straight up from the pump, then cross over and above the exhaust manifold, not the other one.  

Thank you,
John

Edited by Johnwilson_osf - 14 hours 47 minutes ago at 6:39pm
Allis Express: Eastern PA on Rt 80
8050, 8010, 6080, 190, D14, DA 6035, AA 6690, 5650, Gleaner F2
Sponsored Links

SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 hours 36 minutes ago at 8:50pm
Isn't it just a special ferrule under the nut?
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 50 minutes ago at 5:36am
I could be wrong, but I don't believe that injector line tubing is just "run of the mill" tubing that you get off the shelf and put flared ends on. Think it's much thicker then that. Darrel
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 49 minutes ago at 6:37am
Injector lines are very special, thick walled tubing. The lines are a specific length and must be exactly the same length as the other five lines. They must be bent smoothly with no kinks. They must be secured so they can't vibrate or move around or rub anything else. I believe the ferrules on each end are welded on, not crimped. Buy a new line from AGCO if available. If not, buy a whole set of lines from a used engine.
ryan(IN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryan(IN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 31 minutes ago at 6:55am
There are two different style lines they used as well. The later style only came as a whole assembly which is discontinued. The early style. Shows they have 5 of the #5 line in Batavia.
ryan
1984 8070 FWA,1979 7060,1975 7040,1971 190,1960 D-17D,1957 D-14, 196? D-19G, 1975 5040,1971? 160,1994 R62
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 44 minutes ago at 7:42am
the ends on the Ermeto like AC used are just crimped on ferrules, though special for the purpose. AGCO # is 74501149 for ferrule, and 74504409 is the nut. Making an injection line is not something just anyone can, or should do. I get lines from Scheid in Effingham, or Fair Valley Performance in Sauk City Wi. Usually you have to send in the old one to copy. That material is very tough to bend, and bend correctly. I had Scheid make me #3 lines for the early style on an 8030-8070, and have 1 left. I'm no help on #5 lol!
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic