This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Louisville Line Fords

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuckSkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Louisville Line Fords
    Posted: 18 Sep 2024 at 4:30pm
I have searched and searched to no avail for a good detailed year-by-year breakdown of the differences in Louisville Line Ford Trucks such that one can determine year model by various differences.

Mostly, I find very conflicting information.

For instance, what year did the door handles change from big chrome handles with a big push-button mounted fairly high on the door to the flip-lever style mounted low ?

Definite year that round head-lights were changed to rectangular ?

To confuse the head-light issue, round headlights remained an option until the entire bodies were changed to those ugly later models.

I can easily understand why someone ordering a truck would specify round head-lights; as, the round lights will reach way out their beyond the capabilities of rectangulars receiving the same current.

There are many other year by year changes such as grille design and whether or not FORD is above the grille in big chrome letters.

To confuse things, the long-hood LTL trucks have entirely different features from the non-LTL trucks and got many changes to their appearance years before these changes were adopted to ordinary Louisville Line trucks.

I do love my 359s, 379s, and W-900s; but, there ain't a better looking truck on the road than a Ford LTL9000.
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2024 at 5:36pm
Will have to search out a Ford HD Truck Forum and ask those people.
Were several different Models of the Louisville's, L, LN, LNT and LTL, Had Gas, Ford and aftermarket Diesels, Earliest L Series I ever worked on was a 71, Our renter has a 72 with a 534 Gas, Does NOT run and will NOT Sell.

Edited by DMiller - 18 Sep 2024 at 5:39pm
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2024 at 5:40pm
Jeff-in-Kunkletown View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jeff-in-Kunkletown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4 hours 19 minutes ago at 7:02pm
Try Braden Tucker at Tucker Equipment in Lisbon OH. 330-420-9251, he's the guru for all things Louisville.

Sucess is how high you bounce after hitting bottom. Gen. George S. Patton
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic