This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Another AGCO Consolidation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPALLIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another AGCO Consolidation
    Posted: 15 Sep 2024 at 10:05pm
A.C. McCARTNEY AND PARALLEL AG ANNOUNCE

MERGER OF AG EQUIPMENT DEALERSHIPS

DURAND, ILLINOIS (April 25, 2024) – As of April 2024, A.C. McCartney has made plans to join the Parallel Ag family of dealerships. The merger of these two companies will provide more resources and territory to the loyal customers of both of these long-standing dealerships. A.C. McCartney will remain unchanged in its name as both businesses get the chance to learn and grow from one another. This will increase Parallel Ag’s family of dealerships to 17 stores across Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota and Illinois.

“We at Parallel Ag are extremely excited to work with the team at A.C. McCartney to help serve our customers in Illinois and beyond. ACM’s rich history of service and the great people there make it a perfect fit for our plans of continued growth and diversity in geography and markets. The scale we will both gain from this partnership will give us the ability to offer even more benefits and services to our customers as well as the added experience and expertise that each company brings.” said Parallel Ag President, Shawn Skaggs.

A.C. McCartney (ACM), founded in 1950, has 5 locations throughout Illinois that include Durand, Wataga, Carthage, Mt. Sterling, and Fulton. Known for their extensive knowledge of AGCO and other farm, construction, and consumer equipment, ACM is an industry leader in everything that they do. Attention to detail and the fundamentals of customer service have helped ACM have a lasting impression on the market as well as grow to service over 34 counties in Illinois, Wisconsin, and Iowa. A.C. McCartney has followed their founder Allen McCartney’s motto of, “Take care of the customer, and you will be successful”. ACM has followed this motto for over 74 years and this long standing tradition will continue as the McCartney family will be joining the ownership group and remain in the operations of the business for years to come.

Sponsored Links

DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2024 at 5:58pm
Yup;; begining of the end for Mc Cartneys way of doing business, just my opinion
EPALLIS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPALLIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2024 at 7:45pm
I was afraid of that.
tbran View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2024 at 3:34pm
Mergers and Ag-Rev will be the wave of the future.  There are no multimillionaires riding around on turnip trucks falling off at every street corner wanting to be farm equipment dealers.  IF it were profitable and easy - you would see JD Case Oliver MM AC and MF and other dealerships like it was in the 50's.  Different day, different age. I cringe every time I see a post where "they shut my dealer down" as well. AGCO and others would welcome with open arms anyone who wants to open a dealership that has the money and expertise necessary to provide service and sales to any territory that is open. A lot of us who existed back in the 60/70's are getting old. The dealers with few exceptions don't want their kids to be tied to the dealership so when pop dies -.... I find it a necessary, not evil, but decision to merge, gain the benefit of volume bonuses, and continue to serve the area of responsibility in the best way possible. I do not like chain stores, but then I hate when the pins are pulled from the map with only a hole left.  
When told "it's not the money,it's the principle", remember, it's always the money..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic