This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

All-Crop 90 Straw Racks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All-Crop 90 Straw Racks
    Posted: 03 Sep 2024 at 9:48am
Hi folks, I know this will be a very long shot at best, but I'm wondering if anyone happens to have a set of straw racks for a #90 all-crop they'd be willing to sell.

I've had my 90 sitting in a shed unused for years. I bought it to compliment my 66's back when I was a huge fan of the all-crops. Since then, and having been around several other PT combines, I'd become less enamored of the all crop design and had been hoping for a decent Oliver 18 to come along and scrap the 90. This weekend, however, our plan to have  a neighbour combine a few acres of oats fell through when his combine broke down, so I dragged out the 90, did some hasty cobbling, and used it for the oats. It worked surprisingly well, given how rough/beat up it is, and I'm now thinking it's worth putting a little more time/money into. Most of the rusted/worn parts I can have made by a local fab shop with a plasma table and brake press. Other parts I already have spares of. The straw racks, however, are really, really rough, and I think it'd be too pricey/cost prohibitive to have them made. Many of the bars are broken/bent and I screwed/wired them to some chunks of hardwood to get us through the weekend.

If I could find a set of racks for this thing, I'd probably slowly work on fixing/restoring it.

Edited by DanielW - 03 Sep 2024 at 9:49am
Sponsored Links

Ryan Renko View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Renko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2024 at 6:20pm
You might be in luck if you don't mind driving to Southern Illinois. My brother and I got one from den about 5 years ago that was supposed to go to someone in the military and I never heard from the guy again. We still have it and don't need it. Ryan
DanielW View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2024 at 7:26pm
You have me very intrigued. I'm a long way away in Ontario, but trying to convince my fiance we should drive to St. Louis for our honeymoon in September, in which case we'd pass through Illinois (I've told her it's a very scenic/pretty drive, but really it's because there's a shingle mill I want to buy down there).
Ryan Renko View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Renko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2024 at 8:48pm
We are about 35 miles northeast of St. Louis about 1 mile off I-55.
N186364 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N186364 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2024 at 10:19pm
Two things here. First there is an antique type farm equipment guy here in Ontario called Dan Seifried near Minto. I purchased an All Crop 72 from him a few years ago. On his property is an All Crop 90 sitting in the mud. About 25 years ago Dan sold this combine to some who never came and picked it up. As far as I know it's still there. Dan advertises all the time in the Agbuyers guide ( Ontario ). 
   Second, I am looking for a part(s) for my All Crop 72 for the separator drive assembly on the rear of the machine. Are you parting out any of your other All Crops? A 66 or 72 model would be the same for what I need. You can contact me about either of these.
DanielW View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2024 at 8:18pm
Thanks for the info! I'll definitely follow up. What parts in particular were you looking for off a 66/72? I have a 66 parts unit sitting outside one of my sheds, but most of the decent parts have already been salvaged from it.
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2024 at 10:00pm
What are the part numbers of what your looking for
N186364 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N186364 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2024 at 10:02pm
You're welcome. Do you already know of Dan Seifried ? And where Minto is? Hope it's not too far  away. The parts I am looking for are separator drive parts, specifically are: 
 1. " reinforcement, separator drive shaft bearing outer " part number 501603 
 2. " reinforcement, separator drive shaft bearing inner "    part number 504007
 3. " bearing assy, ( including bearing and cap ).           part number 501941
If you have a parts book for an All Crop 60, 66 or 72 there is an exploded parts diagram on page 117 of the model 72 book or look up the parts under the title " separator drive shaft "  which lists all the parts associated with this part of the machine. Used parts in good shape are needed, if your bits have excessive wear I may not be able to use them. Also these parts were never changed by Allis over the years, the pert numbers and descriptions are identical for all 3 combine series.
N186364 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N186364 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2024 at 10:13pm
Sorry, I forgot to mention one other thing. There is a guy in the U.S., Tom Yaznowski who operates an All Crop parts service at www.allcropharvester.com. His site actually lists having the two " reinforcement " parts I need and they are New Old Stock parts. However I have no idea if he still actually has the parts or not. I am waiting to hear back from him but I also want to see if others like you may have what is needed if Tom does not. Have a look at his parts site as there is " 90 " stuff in there too.
N186364 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N186364 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2024 at 10:20pm
Hi Mikez; I didn't see your response until after I had finished typing to Daniel. You can see the part numbers I need in my reply to him. Please let me know if you have these.
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2024 at 6:57am
Yes those three part numbers are available. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic