This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Snap coupler dirt scoop questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WD45 Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Snap coupler dirt scoop questions
    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 3:50pm
I just picked up a dirt scoop like the one posted in the link below. I found pictures of some that are setup to be pulled forward whereas mine is pushed backwards. Are they different models or are they reversible somehow? Anyone know the model number of mine? I'd like to track down a manual at some point. Also, how is the trip mechanism activated? Is there supposed to be a lever or just a rope? Mine doesn't have anything currently. It appears to have a broken spring that is part of the trip mechanism that will have to be replaced too.

https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/fs-allis-brush-hog-and-dirt-scoop_topic150045.html
Machinery rescue for all things rusty or broken. Current residents include 3-1/2 WD45s, Oliver Row 77 gas, 88 diesel, Farmall super C, parts C, two Cat D2's, Clark C500-80 forklift, and a sick Kubota.
Sponsored Links

Ed (Ont) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed (Ont) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 5:54pm
They are reversible.
Orange Day Farm View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange Day Farm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 2:28pm
The dirt scoop was reversible yes, pull the side pins and reverse the direction. 
I have also attached a picture of what the spring mech should look like, I have rebuilt a couple of these scoops now and highly recommend replacing the springs.uploads/9251/003_.jpguploads/9251/001__2020-06-08_14-27-12.jpguploads/9251/069_.jpg
Orange Day Farm
Clint Worron
30' United, 37' WC, 38' B, 41' C&80 Series cultivators, IB, 51' CA, 42' WF, 49' WD,53' WD&cultivators, 57' WD45&33 Picker, D12, D15HC, 180, All Crop 60, 444 baler, etc...
WD45 Aaron View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WD45 Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 2:42pm
That makes it pretty clear. Especially the picture of the latching mechanism. Where do you tie the rope off to keep it handy but out of the way?
Machinery rescue for all things rusty or broken. Current residents include 3-1/2 WD45s, Oliver Row 77 gas, 88 diesel, Farmall super C, parts C, two Cat D2's, Clark C500-80 forklift, and a sick Kubota.
eulmont View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eulmont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2024 at 1:42pm
CAN THE TRIP ALSO BE REVERSED ? HOW TO GO ABOUT THAT ?
automaticdave View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote automaticdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2024 at 3:46pm
Do yourself a favor and throw that piece of junk in the scrap pile and resort to a front end loader! Dave
EPALLIS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPALLIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2024 at 8:59pm
I love my A-C reversable dirt scoop!  I have it mounted on my WD and hardly a week goes by that I do not use it.  Mine has a rope trip lever.  Let me know if you need any other information.  Enjoy!
55allis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 55allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2024 at 10:37pm
I’ve got one too!!
It’s easier to control than a loader and it won’t twist very easily.
For yard work, it great because it will suck right into sod and leave a perfect cut.
1955 AC WD45 diesel with D262 repower, 1949 AC WD45
AaronSEIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2024 at 5:35am
Originally posted by automaticdave automaticdave wrote:

Do yourself a favor and throw that piece of junk in the scrap pile and resort to a front end loader! Dave

Never would I scrap mine.  It does things a FEL on a D17 shouldn't do.  I don't use it much, but when I do, it's the only tool for the job.
AaronSEIA
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2024 at 7:22am
I use mine as a carry all.I have it reversed so it is open on the back side. Rope can be pulled either way .I tie mine around the light on the fender. Works well for moving pieces of logs that need split. Cut logs to length in the woods. Roll onto dirt scoop ,lift with tractor, drive to splitter by wood pile. Can roll wood onto splitter without lifting. Works great for carrying chainsaw and gear.
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
eulmont View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eulmont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2024 at 1:20pm
how to trip when scoop is reversed ?
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2024 at 9:25pm
I removed the pulley that the rope goes through and just pull on the rope. Watch your fingers. Have used a prybar to trip it as well. Again be careful, doubt the engineers envisioned it being operated like this.
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
jvin248 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jvin248 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2024 at 10:13pm

I have a three point scoop on my Ferguson. It's useful to strip sod out before trenching (loader bucket struggles). Or moving egg rock. Cheap loader or bobcat replacement. Handy when needed and you can find them cheap.

Ed (Ont) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed (Ont) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2024 at 11:46am
I have one and use it. Limited use but very good for some things. I use it to move wood in the winter when I can't get a trailer thru the deep snow. Works well and  fun job. Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic