This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Farm stock 190xt puller advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rlsbownt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Farm stock 190xt puller advice
    Posted: 08 Sep 2024 at 4:52pm
Just bought a Allis 190xt. Looking to possibly use it a little on the farm but mainLy for a puller. Will probably strip it and try and pull 6,8,10k if possible or 8,10,12k
Would like to keep pd if possible. Probably keep mods to pump, injectors and turbo. Would like to be 200-300 hp.
What is the best pump injectors and turbo to get there, also what mods on the pd are possible. Thanks
Sponsored Links

WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2024 at 6:49pm
You need to talk to InjumpEd (Ed Guenther) on here. He can set you up with pump modifications, injector lines, injectors and a turbo that will all work together.
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2024 at 6:52pm
By the way, in my opinion 12,000 lbs. is too heavy for a 190XT with over 200 hp.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2024 at 8:16pm
Freshen up the Power Director clutch with all new sealing rings, seals and 9 new drive discs from the 7000 tractor. Also a new manifold and seal rings on the front of the transmission. Make absolutely sure the P.D. valve gets fully stroked each way and linkage may have to be reworked due to old age. I would not advise anything more than 400 psi of clutch pressure. Your foot clutch needs to be new at the same time. 12K is too heavy for a mighty 190XT.
Rlsbownt View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rlsbownt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2024 at 8:52pm
Ok sounds like 12k is yo heavy. Anyone know what has to be done to get to 6k
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2024 at 10:41pm
Shipping weight from Nebraska Test was 7750 lbs. Switch to pressed steel rear wheels. Replace cast iron front support under the radiator with a fabricated one that weighs less than 100 lbs.  Lose the 3 point hitch, lift arms, rock shaft and lift cylinders. Remove old style heavy fenders. Weigh it now.
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2024 at 5:53am
A local guy that used to pull a 200 had an aluminum platform. You can also lose some weight by running a light seat and eliminate all the suspension (which might not work well for farming). 

On that note, I doubt you are going to do much farming with it over 200 hp.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2024 at 6:05am
47 years ago I stripped one down for a friend and I think 6,000 was the class he was in. All I had mentioned plus remove the 48 gallon fuel tank and I made a narrow front end for it. Platform was still there and seat/seat suspension was removed and a very light seat on a pole was the replacement.
Rlsbownt View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rlsbownt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2024 at 9:58am
If I were going to use it on the farm I would try and turn it back down after pulling if possible. May just warm it up a little and pull in 8-10k classes also
Rlsbownt View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rlsbownt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2024 at 4:34pm
I picked the tractor up from the auction yesterday (bought this weekend). High side of pd is slipping bad, barely moves the tractor.
I put gauges on the ports of the pd valve and got 200 in low, 100-150 in high and 0 in neutral. I then shimmed the relief, pegged 300psi gauge in low, 100-150 in high, 0 in neutral.
Any ideas what's going on with high side?
Btw I did make sure the valve was fully engaged in high.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2024 at 8:16pm
Obviously it has an internal leak. I said the Power Director clutch system needs to be completely gone thru and install new 7000 tractor drive discs if you have ANY hope of using it for tractor pulling. When you do this, your leak will become fixed.
Rlsbownt View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rlsbownt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2024 at 7:50am
Ok that what I'll do then, any recommendations on a kit or what all parts I need, would also like to install a heaver clutch while im at it .
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic