This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Discontinued parts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acguywill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Discontinued parts
    Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 9:16am
I have a 9735 agco-allis tractor that needs a new 3ph lift/lower switch. It is of course discontinued and none are in stock at any dealerships. Looking for one through the local wrecker but haven't heard back yet. Does anyone know where I guy could find an aftermarket one? I have not taken the switch out to look at it yet as I am still using the tractor and it does still work most of the time. The same switch is used in all agco variants so not an uncommon part. Why would it no longer be available? I did rig up some hoses to plumb the lift cylinders to a hydraulic remote but that is just a temporary bypass in case of a complete failure. Seems like more short-sightedness on agco's part again. How do they expect to gain business when they don't ever attempt to keep existing customers happy?
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 9:52am
I doubt that AGCO built the switch.. It was probalby an off the shelf item from a vendor... If you knew what the swith did, how many terminals, construction.. It could be cross referenced...

MOST of the time, there is a manufacturer PART NUMBER on the case of the switch.. Look for that.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 10:03am
the switch is also used by FENDT, Challenger, and carried by various CAT dealers..

Edited by steve(ill) - 04 Sep 2024 at 10:05am
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 10:06am
https://parts.agcocorp.com/us/en/p/switch-3-point-hitch-up-down/acw151744a

well, your right.. it says its in stock....i put one in the CART and started the PURCHASE, and then it says not available...... Might try looking for a part number on the switch..or get a switch that does THE SAME THING... look at contacts.... looks like a rocker switch.

Edited by steve(ill) - 04 Sep 2024 at 10:11am
dfwallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 10:18am
Originally posted by Acguywill Acguywill wrote:

I have a 9735 agco-allis tractor that needs a new 3ph lift/lower switch. It is of course discontinued and none are in stock at any dealerships. Looking for one through the local wrecker but haven't heard back yet. Does anyone know where I guy could find an aftermarket one? I have not taken the switch out to look at it yet as I am still using the tractor and it does still work most of the time. The same switch is used in all agco variants so not an uncommon part. Why would it no longer be available? I did rig up some hoses to plumb the lift cylinders to a hydraulic remote but that is just a temporary bypass in case of a complete failure. Seems like more short-sightedness on agco's part again. How do they expect to gain business when they don't ever attempt to keep existing customers happy?

Some of the switches, such as 3714137M1 are common with Massey Ferguson.  Not clear which switch you're referring to.

Searching under 9735 specifically,  I get references to 3714137M1 as a hitch up and 3714138M1 as a hitch down.  Two separate switches rather than a combined one.  These two switches are widely used and commonly available.  I don't see where it shows a combined up/down merged component (doesn't mean it doesnt exist, I just failed to find it under 9735).

Edit:  Ah, should have refreshed before posting :(

Edited by dfwallis - 04 Sep 2024 at 11:56am
1952 CA13092
Acguywill View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acguywill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 10:48am
The part number is 3902844M91. It is listed as a potentiometer. It took me a while to even find the part number because as usual agco decided to put it under a category that has nothing to do with the part I was looking for, in this case transmission control. It is a rotary switch with transport, lift, hold, lower, and quick engage positions on it. I am sure it has some manufacturers markings on it but it is inside the armrest and didn't want to take the whole thing apart just to look at it.
Acguywill View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acguywill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 10:54am
The same switch is used in masseys and whites both a bit older and newer. I am sure that there will be one at a wrecker somewhere but would rather buy a new one. Not too crazy about buying used electrical components that have been out in the elements unused for who knows how long.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 11:00am
Planned obsolescence, Everything to make you need to buy a complete new tractor because a simple switch makes a tractor useless. Raise your hand if you remember when a lever moved a hydraulic spool which in turn raised the hitch.  The more everyone relies on electronics, the faster everything ends up in the scrap pile. 
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
Real pullers don't have speed limits.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
dfwallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 11:01am
Originally posted by Acguywill Acguywill wrote:

The part number is 3902844M91. It is listed as a potentiometer. It took me a while to even find the part number because as usual agco decided to put it under a category that has nothing to do with the part I was looking for, in this case transmission control. It is a rotary switch with transport, lift, hold, lower, and quick engage positions on it. I am sure it has some manufacturers markings on it but it is inside the armrest and didn't want to take the whole thing apart just to look at it.

I find it as a Massey Ferguson part available from a few other places, mostly overseas such as bartsparts.com.  $63 plus shipping...yikes.

Edited by dfwallis - 04 Sep 2024 at 11:19am
1952 CA13092
ryan(IN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryan(IN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 2:03pm
Some cases Agco has a service bulletin and it updates to a newer switch. Ran into a Massey 8200 series at work that was this way. Old switch nla. Agco had a bulletin about a new switch and the needed wiring changes. Call a good Agco dealer that’s been around a while and they can probably help. Mayer farm equipment would be a good choice.
ryan
1984 8070 FWA,1979 7060,1975 7040,1971 190,1960 D-17D,1957 D-14, 196? D-19G, 1975 5040,1971? 160,1994 R62
dfwallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by ryan(IN) ryan(IN) wrote:

Some cases Agco has a service bulletin and it updates to a newer switch. Ran into a Massey 8200 series at work that was this way. Old switch nla. Agco had a bulletin about a new switch and the needed wiring changes. Call a good Agco dealer that’s been around a while and they can probably help. Mayer farm equipment would be a good choice.

Usually, that's shown in the online parts breakout...perhaps they've gotten shoddy in their record keeping :(
1952 CA13092
ryan(IN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryan(IN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 3:09pm
It sometimes was on the dealer side. Never was on the consumer side. I don’t have access to that stuff anymore at work or I would gladly look it up.
ryan
1984 8070 FWA,1979 7060,1975 7040,1971 190,1960 D-17D,1957 D-14, 196? D-19G, 1975 5040,1971? 160,1994 R62
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic