This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New to me - Fiat Allis 645B

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mosin9130 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New to me - Fiat Allis 645B
    Posted: 25 Aug 2024 at 4:17pm
I have my first "construction" style machine coming to the farm and it's a Fiat Allis 645B.  

I have it going to Alex at A&W tractor first for a look over before I get it trailered to OK.  I've been reading up on these machines and I have a lot to learn but know that the good community here has my back.

The one thing I really want for this machine is a set of forks.  Are forks "universal" enough that I can utilize any type/brand?  Or am I looking for a specific set of forks for this machine?  Any insight on where to even start looking for a set?

Edited by Mosin9130 - 25 Aug 2024 at 4:23pm
'56 WD 45...'63 D15 II...'66 D17 IV
Sponsored Links

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2024 at 4:37am
You see those 3 hooks on the bucket? yours is already set up for an over the bucket style fork...Wink

Length and diameter of the bar TBD by the hooks and their spacing on the bucket...

Edited by DiyDave - 26 Aug 2024 at 4:41am
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2024 at 7:11am
Nice looking loader
Mosin9130 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mosin9130 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2024 at 10:20am
Well, now that is interesting, learn something everyday!  Didn't realize there was a fork over bucket configuration, thanks for sharing!  It looks like it provides alot of convenience when needing a bucket one minute and forks the next.  That may be something I want to invest in.

I did read that there will be some reduction in lifting capacity and looking at some of my projects such as moving alot of stationary "stuff" around, I think I still want to go with a dedicated set of forks.  

Is it safe to assume that the correct forks are unavailable unless I can find on Ebay, junkyard, etc??
orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2024 at 1:30pm
These units were produced and sold to the Department of Defense as the 645M Wheel Loader.  Great Machine! ~ Orangeman
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2024 at 3:08pm
They have good reviews over the years,,, Id like to find one myself!
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2024 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by Mosin9130 Mosin9130 wrote:

Well, now that is interesting, learn something everyday!  Didn't realize there was a fork over bucket configuration, thanks for sharing!  It looks like it provides alot of convenience when needing a bucket one minute and forks the next.  That may be something I want to invest in.

I did read that there will be some reduction in lifting capacity and looking at some of my projects such as moving alot of stationary "stuff" around, I think I still want to go with a dedicated set of forks.  

Is it safe to assume that the correct forks are unavailable unless I can find on Ebay, junkyard, etc??

A good assumption. Note the link I provided was the first one that had a picture, when I googled over the bucket forks...  You might have a welder rig you up a set.  Problem with otb forks is letting an idiot use them, especially on undulating ground. Sod pallets are what they were mainly designed for.  The alternative is bucket forks that clamp to the bottom of the bucket, but they can bend the bottom of the bucket with a heavy load, and are prone to pulling off, when backing out...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Amos View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2024 at 9:15pm
That is a real nice shape unit!!
I have a 645B that i use for stacking logs and anything else I feel like around the farm.  I built forks for mine off an old forklift that I scrapped out.  You will not have any trouble picking up items with these they are heavy duty excellent loaders.  The pin placing/spacing for the loader arms and tip cylinder/mechanism is a common dimension for loaders from that era and newer.  If you call around to the heavy machinery wrecking yards near you you could just find what you are looking for that will fit right on your machine.
Mosin9130 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mosin9130 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2024 at 6:48am
Thanks alot guys, feeling much better now about getting some forks on this machine!  I'll update accordingly once I get my hands on it but that could still be a month or two...fingers crossed Alex at A&W issues a clean bill of health for it.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic