This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

8030 steering (again)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aunt allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 8030 steering (again)
    Posted: 19 Aug 2024 at 5:13pm
I'm back working on the 8030 Allis and after rebuilding steering cylinder and making sure hydraulic oil level is correct at the sight glass, I still can not get it to steer to the right. It will steer ok to the left and if I raise front end up and manual turn tires to the right...as I drive it eventually works its way into a left turn and I can not correct it. I can spin the steering wheel fast and effortlessly to the right with little or no resistance.
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2024 at 8:30pm
8000 series had a small problem wearing out the splines that connect the steering wheel shaft to the orbitrol input socket. I would think it would bother both right and left, but maybe not ??     Assuming the steering wheel shaft splines are not the issue, disconnect both hoses at the steering cylinder and plug/cap the ends of the hoses so no oil can pass. Start the engine, throttle it up and try and turn the steering wheel. It shouldn't turn either way, or not very much either way. If the steering wheel turns, you have an orbitrol problem. If it basically doesn't turn, the steering cylinder has a problem.
aunt allis View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aunt allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2024 at 8:58pm
Thank you very much, Dr
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2024 at 5:39pm
Waiting for the results..............
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic