This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wide B Spindle Bushings Part Number

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHunter27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wide B Spindle Bushings Part Number
    Posted: 15 Aug 2024 at 2:08pm
I’m trying to help my visually impaired husband find the part number for our wide front B’s Spindle Bushings. I measured the OD @ 1 1/4” et length approx 1 1/8”. Can someone help me? I have called a couple different companies without any luck.
I am new on here, so bear with me! Any info greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links

JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2024 at 2:58pm
#25 part number 70205601

Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2024 at 10:47pm
several vendors sell them..... recheck you size... the SHAFT should be 1-1/4 dia.

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2024 at 10:52pm
SteinerTractor.com   .............. another site

Edited by steve(ill) - 15 Aug 2024 at 11:02pm
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2024 at 12:05am
Welcome to the forum.
If that 205601 is what your looking for. We have the available.
SHunter27 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHunter27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2024 at 11:59am
Thank you guys so very much and I will re-measure the shaft tonight (I am also a Hospice Nurse but have lived on farms all my life). Appreciate you all and I’m sure I will be ordering asap as my hubby wants to put this AC back together! Sincerely, THANKS AGAIN!!!
SHunter27 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHunter27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2024 at 2:36pm
Hi Steve, my husband is saying he “needs the bushings for the steering arms also”. Is that part number 70205624 (spindle thrust washers) ?
I appreciate all your help so VERY much. Considering he’s currently blind from a brain tumor resection, he does all of our equipment repairs and is very high functioning at our farm!! Thanks again!!
SHunter27 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHunter27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2024 at 2:39pm
Hi Mike, thanks for the response! Yes he does need 70205601 x4, but he would have a hard time honing/reaming it. I’m looking for the replacement part “ready” and/or the OEM. Do you have this part already reamed?
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2024 at 6:27am
I wouldn’t think the bushings need to be altered at all. 
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2024 at 6:49am
The bushing are a PRESS fit into the tube. It is possible to DISTORT them slightly during install.. They really dont need HONED as you would think to remove metal.. What they need is to CLEAN or DEBURR the bushing of any distortion.. I have done this with a file or even sandpaper as needed... You just want a good fit without dragging of the spindle.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2024 at 7:11am
Steph --70205624..  that number does not show up on a good SEARCH... but i do see it in the drawing that you posted at top of the page.. It says it is a thrust washer used on the first 101 tractors.... I have never seen one as my tractors are not that old...  You might need to source a Generic Washer.

maybe something like this ???

Edited by steve(ill) - 21 Aug 2024 at 7:17am
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2024 at 7:19am
Do you know his sr number 
SHunter27 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHunter27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2024 at 6:13pm
Hi Mike & Steve-this might be asking too much of you both, but is there any way you guys could call my husband? He can explain the part that came out above the upper spindle bushing and since he can’t access the Internet (because of his blindness) to help me very much, he’s the “hands on mechanic” since he has worked on our Allly’s his entire life and remembers parts, but of course, not part numbers. Or if you guys would rather not call him, I can take pics of the part and try to explain? I appreciate you both so much
SHunter27 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHunter27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2024 at 6:15pm
I replied on Steve’s response-since I’m new to this forum, can you see my request to you & Steve? If not I can send to you also. Appreciate all your help as I’m in a peculiar situation with my husband being blind these past 8 years…..THANK YOU and will await your posting
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2024 at 9:38pm
I dont hear real good on the phone.... Your "washer" is item #26... The bushing is #25 and the spindle is #27... so i would ASSUME there was a washer ON THE BOTTOM of the axle tube that sat on the splindle... Newer tractors just had the axle housing setting on the spindle... It appears the FIRST 100 tractors might have had a thrust washer in this area... Since it was a LIMITED PRODUCTION item 85 years ago, i doubt you will find them, or even a reference to them... I think your going to have to get a GENERIC washer like i showed above from Mc Master Carr or similar... or let the axle set on the spindle, and add a spacer at the top to makeup the gap..under the ARM.
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2024 at 5:49am

Isn't the first 100 'B's - the ones that have the Thrust Washer - referring also to the first 100 Flat Head 'B's that have the Waukesha Engine ?

And we all know there are not very many of them around.

So the Thrust Washer 70205624 is probably not required.

Gary
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2024 at 7:19am
So the Thrust Washer 70205624 is probably not required.

Well, if there WAS a washer and you take it OUT.. You will have a 1/8 inch gap.. So you need to PUT THE WASHER IN, or ADD a shim on top under the arm to take up the clearance... IF this is the "washer" he is talking about..Remember HE called it a bushing by the arm , SHE called it a washer.
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2024 at 7:29am
Hi Steph.
I sent you an email.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic