This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Traveling through Kentucky and Missouri

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traveling through Kentucky and Missouri
    Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 5:11am
We saw some very good looking irrigated corn.
It looks like they use flexible plastic irrigation pipe now. I’ve never seen that before. Can it just be rolled up on a roll when done?
How do they set gates in the proper location?
Just curious.
Sponsored Links

tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 2:38pm
  If you go through Kentucky now you might need a boat.
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by tadams(OH) tadams(OH) wrote:

If you go through Kentucky now you might need a boat.

Reminds me of the Iowa flood in 93. Bought a t shirt said”Roe v Wade: Two ways to get across Iowa. Great Flood of ‘93.”
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2024 at 8:08pm

Hey Good Buddy,,,where you headed to in Kentucky,,,you must be gonna go pick up and go fast(er) go cart,,,,???ClapClap
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2024 at 5:42am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Hey Good Buddy,,,where you headed to in Kentucky,,,you must be gonna go pick up and go fast(er) go cart,,,,???ClapClap

Joe I made this post a couple years ago.
A neighbor and I were coming home from a civil war relic show.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2024 at 8:22am

Well Chit,,Thad,,I did not notice the date of the first post,,,,Ha, Ha,,Oh Well,,,it Was pretty early,,,LOL
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2024 at 10:00am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Well Chit,,Thad,,I did not notice the date of the first post,,,,Ha, Ha,,Oh Well,,,it Was pretty early,,,LOL

Now,   I would drive to Kentucky to get parts to make that kart faster in a heartbeat.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2024 at 11:19am

Well,,Thad,,if today is a race day,,,,I do wish you all the luck out there,,,,!!!ClapClap
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2024 at 7:10am
That flexible plastic irrigation pipe is handy for farmers. It's known as "a lay-flat" pipe and can be rolled up and reused. The pipe is lightweight, making it easier to lay out and collect after the season. As for setting gates, farmers usually punch holes in the pipe and attach gates where needed to control water flow to specific rows of crops. This allows for efficient irrigation, especially in areas with uneven terrain.

I've driven through Kentucky and Missouri and noticed their farming techniques' efficiency. You should stop in Branson if you're passing through Missouri. I stayed at a hotel resort there once and really enjoyed the experience. It's a nice place to unwind after exploring the countryside. Check it out here: https://www.westgateresorts.com/hotels/missouri/branson/westgate-branson-woods-resort/

Edited by jaybmiller - 05 Sep 2024 at 7:28am
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic