This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Injector seat cleaning 670T

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmullican Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Injector seat cleaning 670T
    Posted: 28 Jul 2024 at 8:39am
I am in process of pulling injectors and will be getting pump rebuilt on 670T from my 8030. What is a good way of cleaning injector seats with head still on engine?
170 W/FEL, 7010 PD, 8030 FWA PS
Sponsored Links

8070nc View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8070nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2024 at 11:50am
Somebody may have a better way but id plumb a air line into the intake manifold with some way to control flow. Air will come out which ever cylinder the intake valve is open on. Air flowing out will help prevent debris from falling on a piston
Take a round brush on a drill a little larger than the injector hole and clean the hole with air coming out. Rotate the engine until air comes out a different cylinder. Cleann that one and continue the process until you have done them all
1984 80780
1957 D14
DES 300 with 25000 engine
616 tractor
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2024 at 1:37pm
The seat is the copper washer. Shouldn't require much cleaning just replacing washer.
rmullican View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmullican Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2024 at 6:10am
Thanks for the replies, all the copper washers are out and I plan on replacing those. Just trying to get an idea on how to clean the crud out of the injector holes without it dropping into cylinders.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2024 at 11:23am
Well what I do is, blow it off with air before, but ; Id just be careful to watch so not much stuff gets in there, that concave copper washer seals everything ; shouldnt be no big deal,,
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2024 at 12:53pm
I suppose you could drop a short bolt in the hole then scrape around the bore to "clean" it then hold down on bolt while blasting air in there to purge hole. Finally use pen magnet to pull bolt out. Were the rubber dirt seals missing on old injectors?
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2024 at 1:33pm
I use a long skinny screwdriver to scrape the carbon off the bottom, wire brush in the bore if needed, then brakleen it, blow dry, some will go in the cyl, but will be blown out right away, it's not like you're dropping huge chunks in there. 
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
rmullican View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmullican Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2024 at 7:35am
Thanks everyone, the rubber dust shields were in place, just looking to clean up the flaking rust from bore where injector slides in. Looks like tractor has sat outside for some time as injectors were kind of rusted in place. Top surface of head I was able to get reasonably clean. Plan is to use big shop vac and wire brush to clean up bore and the address any carbon build up on seat where copper washer sets
Lynn Marshall View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynn Marshall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2024 at 5:40pm
After cleaning the holes, I usually spin the engine over with the starter to hopefully blow any foreign material out of the cylinders.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic