This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D14 hydraulic pump cam followers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outryder86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D14 hydraulic pump cam followers
    Posted: 18 Jul 2024 at 3:39am
Brand new here, sorry for any mistakes I make in posting here or if I ask questions that are already answered, I browsed for a while and couldn’t find what I was looking for specifically.

I recently purchased a 1959 D14 in relatively good working order. It needed a new starter, so I fixed that and it was running well.

Recently front loader stopped going down. I checked all the hose connection and everything external that could be checked and decided I needed to look at the hydraulic linkage inside the case. Took the reservoir off and found that the hold position valve wasn’t working properly. So I took the pump out to be able to open that up and found a completely different problem.

One of my cam shaft follower bearings has lost its outer casing and has a huge chunk ground out of it. Amazingly the clutch shaft is in good condition, but the other bearings have pockmarks now from where the metal shavings that got loose on the hydraulic fluid have been grinding into them.

Does anyone know where I can purchase these bearings or what the size is on these bearings so I can just replace them rather than buy a full pump replacement on eBay? I can’t seem to find that information.

Thank you in advance for any assistance rendered.
Sponsored Links

Lon(MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lon(MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2024 at 7:27am
I have the rollers if you haven't found anything yet.
http://lonsallischalmers.com
DanielW View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2024 at 11:47am
When the shaft is separate form the rolling element and passes through the inner race, they're typically called 'yoke rollers' rather than 'cam followers'. I'd be surprised if you can't find one from a supplier like Carter, Smith, RBC, or McGill. Any industrial/bearing supply should be able to order from them - they're the more common manufacturers of cam followers & yoke rollers:

Carter Catalog for cylindrical, unsealed yoke rollers: https://carterbearings.com/products/line/ynb

NTN also has a good selection, and a very convenient sorting/filtering tool to find the size you're looking for: https://bearingfinder.ntnamericas.com/category/roller-followers

Edited by DanielW - 18 Jul 2024 at 11:48am
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2024 at 1:02pm
I'd be very surprised if you can find any of those other than another pump or AGCO themselves. As far as I'm concerned that is an OEM part specifically designed for that hydraulic pump application and nothing else.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2024 at 7:22pm
I think I just may have a couple of them in my NOS parts. It may take a few days to find them. I know I have a completer take-out pump from a D15.
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
Real pullers don't have speed limits.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2024 at 8:14pm
sounds like a GREAT reason to fin a 'parts tractor' !!
though if you're like me you'll get it to run, then have to buy a 3rd, oopsy, get it to run, then #4 comes along.....Wink
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2024 at 8:34am
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

though if you're like me you'll get it to run, then have to buy a 3rd, oopsy, get it to run, then #4 comes along.....Wink

Glad I'm not the only one that's fallen into that trap!
Outryder86 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outryder86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2024 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by DanielW DanielW wrote:

When the shaft is separate form the rolling element and passes through the inner race, they're typically called 'yoke rollers' rather than 'cam followers'. I'd be surprised if you can't find one from a supplier like Carter, Smith, RBC, or McGill. Any industrial/bearing supply should be able to order from them - they're the more common manufacturers of cam followers & yoke rollers:

Carter Catalog for cylindrical, unsealed yoke rollers: https://carterbearings.com/products/line/ynb

NTN also has a good selection, and a very convenient sorting/filtering tool to find the size you're looking for: https://bearingfinder.ntnamericas.com/category/roller-followers

Tone indicator- Informative, not argumentative. I referred to them as cam followers because my service manual, parts guide, and operators manual all refer to them as cam followers. I will keep the preferred nomenclature in mind however, thank you for that information. And thank you for the leads on finding them.
Outryder86 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outryder86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2024 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

I'm not a man of enough means to have two or three old tractors laying around, I barely managed to scrape up enough for this one. Got a couple of broke ass motorcycles and an old suzuki sidekick that also wish I had part vehicles for them.
DanielW View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2024 at 1:36pm
[/QUOTE]
Tone indicator- Informative, not argumentative. I referred to them as cam followers because my service manual, parts guide, and operators manual all refer to them as cam followers. I will keep the preferred nomenclature in mind however, thank you for that information. And thank you for the leads on finding them.
[/QUOTE]

Yup, we use them all the time at work and we all call them 'cam followers' most of the time too. Only reason I mentioned the 'yoke roller' name was in case you're searching the interwebs for suitable equivalents/suppliers.

Edited by DanielW - 19 Jul 2024 at 1:36pm
1963D17 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1963D17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2024 at 11:21pm
Amazing the clutch shaft isn't tore up. One of the WD45's I bought had rollers that looked like that from having no oil in the reservoir.  The lobes on the clutch shaft were equally as ugly. Local tractor salvage yard had a bin full of shafts and cam followers. 
rtwfarm View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rtwfarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2024 at 11:37pm
Got some good used. 402-469-1738
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic