This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

First timer to hutch questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToddnwIl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First timer to hutch questions
    Posted: 04 Jul 2024 at 1:13pm
How much walking is involved? Have 2 older guys that get along really well but want to have a great trip. My only comparison is the half century of progress. Is their any other advice for a first timer?!
Sponsored Links

plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2024 at 1:57pm
Wear comfortable shoes. My accountant and I rented a golf cart when we went a couple years ago. Grateful we did as the trip to the field demo is a bit of a walk. Not saying you can't walk it but....
I haven't been to HCP but think that show is bigger?
jiminnd View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiminnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2024 at 2:16pm
I don't think it is too bad, they have shuttles, not near as big as HCP.  Guess it depends on how fast you want to see a lot, take your time and rest.  I seem to do ok, am past 75.
1945 C, 1949 WF and WD, 1981 185, 1982 8030, unknown D14(nonrunner)
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2024 at 4:15pm
There are people carriers available but not much shade out at the field demo's. I rent a golf cart or bring my kubota if I can . The show grounds where the tractors are parked is fairly concentrated, but with field demos , a large swap meet area ,and large parking lots a golf cart makes it much easier, faster to get around. Especially if you want to transport stuff from swap meet to your vehicle or be able to get out to the field demos at a moments notice. If you have all day, don't plan on buying anything and no hurry to get anywhere then I don't think a golf cart is necessary. If you want to rent one get on their website and find Lori Miller's info . Not sure if you can still reserve a cart but Lori will know. Good luck and hope to see you there. Forum meeting 11 o'clock each morning exhibition building, east end.
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2024 at 8:32pm
Do take the time to meet some folks at the forum meeting. Nice to put faces to names
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2024 at 7:39am
I walk Hutch with no problem whatsoever. Just turned 58 a couple weeks ago. Never been to HCOP but from what I understand, you really do want a ride there because of the size of the place. I may get a chance to go to HCOP next year, fingers crossed!
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 52 minutes ago at 12:46pm
Trams start running around 10am, I'm on the first shift Friday, then work the parade Saturday and Sunday, introduce yourself, just look for the hat.
Maximum use of available resources!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic