This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Veterans Day

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Veterans Day
    Posted: 11 Nov 2023 at 9:13am
Happy Veterans Day to all those that served our Nation. Thank all of you for your sacrifice and service.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Sponsored Links

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2023 at 4:40pm
Was down to St Francis church in Lake St Croix Beech MN yesterday as they had a Veteran Dinner there , sit down, fried chicken , scalloped potatoes , corn and pie - Color Guard by Legion post from Bayport MN and over 100 individuals there . 
 Boy Scout troop helping at tables . 
Got to talk to a few and other vets at table - seems one served on a Cruiser that was part of Combat Div that worked with carriers and we had spent time in many of the same places in Far East  
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2023 at 6:40pm
Appreciate  the service they all gave. God Bless them!
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2023 at 7:57pm
I was at a ceremony yesterday at my Grand kids school.  It was really good and well done.  They too had the Boy Scouts there and being the color guard.  The band played the national anthem and it was GREAT!  Sounded like a recording instead of a grade school band.  FABULOUS!  And not one kid was fooling around or bouncing from one foot to the other like our so called pro athletes.  They all had their hand over their heart.
First time I've felt proud in a long time.
God bless all the kids, the teachers, the families and especially the Vets.  Thank YOU.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2023 at 8:56pm
Thank you to the Veterans on this forum! This photo has my Dad in it. He is the man to the left in the photo. This was taken after Basic Training in Florida before he shipped overseas to Italy in 1943.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2023 at 4:45am
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2023 at 7:29am
An extended Thanks for Your Service to all those that signed that line as so many of us have.
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2023 at 1:54pm
Thank you to all who have served.
Extra Thank you to those that were drafted
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2023 at 9:30pm
A HUGE thank you for all who served and are still serving! I have ols Glory flying on top of my combine! 
festus51 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote festus51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2023 at 2:43am
I'm going to be the grump here  
that's ok because I'm going to tell every one how I really feel  50 years ago I could have really used the welcome home.  I never got it and now I have learned to live with out it Call me a real grumpy I do not  care  Vets days is just an other day to me   I have learned to live with myself
We the unwilling Led by the unqualified Doing the impossible for the Ungrateful
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2023 at 6:08am
It's because you were 'taken for granted', that it was 'expected of you' and a different time, different generation. Reasons but not excuses for not be thanked for your service.

WWII was the last of the 'real  wars',not that Korea or Nam were 'walks in the park'. There is a real problem with the country declaring WAR. that makes it OFFICIAL and conjurs up the REALITY that this WAR will cost blood, guts and people's lives. 'Conflict' doesn't sound so bad, 'support'... heck, nobody can get hurt doing that, let alone killed.
There's also the illusion that the USA is the greatest military power in the entire world. An illusion as those in power won't fully engage the enemy.WAR is Hell,both the good and the bad die,Such is the fact of WAR.

I for one will say Thank You. Better late than never.

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2023 at 7:37pm
Smartest thing you ever wrote jay. Did a tour myself
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 6:08am
And you write a lot of smart things
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 8:30am
There is a movie called "The Best Years of Our Lives". Story of returning WW2 Vets and what they faced when they got home. My Dad always told me there was nothing good about any war! And he didn't come home to a parade. He came home in early 1946 and most civilians were forgetting about the War!He always said the Heroes were still over there! And I remember one conversation he had with a Vietnam Veteran who he told the same as me that he got to come home,when many didn't! I thank any Veteran for serving and seeing rage in both my Father and youngest Son a Veteran of Iraq, I understand what is now called PTSD!
bernardcoghlan View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bernardcoghlan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2024 at 10:26am
Happy Veterans Day! To all who served our nation, thank you for your sacrifice and service. It's something we should acknowledge every day. It's saddening that not all veterans receive the respect and support they deserve after everything they've done for us. Personally, I've come across a resource that might offer some help to those navigating VA decisions. Recently, a friend of mine faced challenges with VA benefits, and through research, we discovered this link: https://ptsdlawyers.com/appeal-a-va-decision/. It's heartening to know there are avenues to assist our veterans. Let's continue to advocate and ensure they receive the care and recognition they've earned.

Edited by bernardcoghlan - 28 minutes ago at 4:07pm
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2024 at 11:08am
So is bern so patriotic he is getting a real early start. Or just another spammer that is to dumb to check the culture out before coming to cause trouble.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2024 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by Ray54 Ray54 wrote:

Or just another spammer that is to dumb to check the culture out before coming to cause trouble.

DING DING DING winner winner chicken dinner
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2024 at 11:54pm
I get to thinking about the boys in school ahead of me or behind me that never came home. I still pray for them every now and then.
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 6:41am
Originally posted by 200Tom1 200Tom1 wrote:

I get to thinking about the boys in school ahead of me or behind me that never came home. I still pray for them every now and then.

tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 12:37pm
Yes Tom, I remeber being at the Vietnam vertans wall in Washington and all the names of people lost over there.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic