This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

how is anyone getting anything done in this heat??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how is anyone getting anything done in this heat??
    Posted: 26 Jun 2024 at 7:01pm
Today was worse than yesterday, I had about 15 minutes of welding to do, and it just about wiped me out, we used to bale all day in this!

Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
Sponsored Links

AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2024 at 7:15pm
JoeM(GA), Yes, it’s to early for these high temps. Heat index of 102f here in Illinois yesterday, then a cold front hit & temps pushed to 68f during the night. Hope that cold front makes it way to you. Stay cool.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2024 at 7:16pm
We're all gettin' older Joe. Just can't do what we did in our younger years. I worked around the property today in 92 heat. Man, I'm about wiped out! I can remember working in hotter conditions than that and it not bothering me other than needing a nice shower at the end of the day, and relaxing in the cool house. Now I fall asleep in front of the computer!  LOL!  Stay cool man! We just had a wicked Thunderstorm roll through and made the lights, puter' and everything flickering and reading "PF".......
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
Gary Burnett View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2024 at 9:03pm
99 here at my place today,baled some hay,worked on a sickle bar mower for awhile did that in the shade.I drink lots of ice water, not too bad really,at 72 can't do what I once did but gets things done just a little slower.Eating high energy foods and stay away from the carbs helps a lot.
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2024 at 10:27am
Business as usual here and its a BTCH!! Struggle every day. Got most of the garden cultivated again, waterways at the farm mowed again, stuff sold , loaded and gone, still grinding the chloride damage off the 2444 rim so I can get the tire back on and mow with it again instead of the 656D and batwing ( hate that thing!) Had to plant 700 pepper and tomato plants that my friend Deanne from a commercial greenhouse gave me. Leftovers that didnt sell. --- weather is bad here as well! 
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2024 at 11:54am
Slowly Joe, very slowly
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2024 at 5:39pm
Curious of what is high energy foods?
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2024 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by ac fleet ac fleet wrote:

Business as usual here and its a BTCH!! Struggle every day. Got most of the garden cultivated again, waterways at the farm mowed again, stuff sold , loaded and gone, still grinding the chloride damage off the 2444 rim so I can get the tire back on and mow with it again instead of the 656D and batwing ( hate that thing!) Had to plant 700 pepper and tomato plants that my friend Deanne from a commercial greenhouse gave me. Leftovers that didnt sell. --- weather is bad here as well! 

What do you ‘hate’, The 656D, or the batwing?
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2024 at 8:13pm
I baled on Wednesday when it was 96. Baled for 2 hours then sat in the air conditioned pick up for 30 minutes. Then back on baler. One of those summers. Could you imagine combining oats on one of these hot days with one of those cabless self propelled combines.
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2024 at 8:27pm
It has been brutal, drinking lots of water to stay hydrated. Finally replaced some woven wire fence yesterday to get our cattle to our last remaining pasture field. Cows eat for about an hour and then head back for water and head for shade. Was ringing wet from sweat after 1 1/2 hours to do the repair. Just wipes the energy right out you. Upper 90’s and hi humidity has been the norm for a few weeks.
Take a break in front of the shop fan for a bit and then on to the next task. Certainly hasn’t been fun lately.
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
Gary Burnett View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2024 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by dr p dr p wrote:

I baled on Wednesday when it was 96. Baled for 2 hours then sat in the air conditioned pick up for 30 minutes. Then back on baler. One of those summers. Could you imagine combining oats on one of these hot days with one of those cabless self propelled combines.

I don't have to imagine,I've ridden an AC 60 combine with a bagger in weather just like we've been having combing oats and wheat.
captaindana View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2024 at 4:16am
Heaters on!
Blue Skies and Tail Winds
                          Dana
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic