This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoughts from the lawnmower seat

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirt Farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thoughts from the lawnmower seat
    Posted: 02 Jun 2024 at 10:41pm
After several days working on my 22 year old lawnmower in between planting, more important repairs and rain, while watching the grass grow uncontrollably, finally got it running lastnight and began using it today, cant wait to start mowing the yard said no one ever in my household. Not a favorite pastime. As I'm trekking along I got to wondering what kind of grass am I gonna plant in our yard at our new home and wonder why is there no grass that grows to 3 inches and stops, technology has come a long ways with seed genetics, marvels of science and government trying to stay green would mean less trips across yard but that's a whole different conversion, Before I began mowing I had to charge the battery cause I had left the key on the night before. While mowing and thinking, I wonder why has no one ever put retractable cords on a battery charger, everytime I go to use it the first thing you have to do is unwind the cords then when you're done you wind them back up. Why not make them retract cause the box the charger consists of isn't near full with electronics. Something to ponder Well breaktime is over cause now I gots to go rake up my bunched up yard.
Sponsored Links

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2024 at 4:27am
There is a grass that looks OK, unmown.  Unfortunately it won't grow well if at all, north of a certain point (MD to PA, approximately) also won't grow at all in the shade, full sun only.  Google Zoysia...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2024 at 4:33am
And always the nasty Bermuda Grass, grows flat but tendrils out across ANY and EVERY thing, Concrete, rock, other plantings.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2024 at 6:11am
re: dead battery...BTDT..sigh

I loan out 3 riders to neighbours. One usually has a 'no start' problem.....hmm key left on so.. I spent $3 and added a digital voltmeter into the dash. Key on = meter's ON !!! Nice BRIGHT display even in daylight. Bonus is actually seeing the 'numbers'. 12.xx at rest, 10.xx to start, 14.xx charging, then 13.xx when off.
I used a rectangular one on that rider, though you can also get them in a round version.

Best $3 I've spent in a long time.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2024 at 7:44pm
Loan out lawnmowers???  I've never loaned anything that if and when it came back wasn't beat up like a rented mule and rarely did anything come back without me needing to go find it.  I guess I'm one of the few people that will return something borrowed in better condition that when I got it. 
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2024 at 8:43pm
Well one neighbour is 101,actually the last Veteran I know, and his neighbour uses my machine. She's great. I needed the kitchen septic cleaned out last summer ,she came over PDQ to crawl under the deck to crawl  under the addition to get TO the lid..back and forth 20+ times. I have no problem loaning them my riders !!
On the other hand, I detest HAVING to help the next door neighbour. Don't get me going on 'him'.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Dirt Farmer View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirt Farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2024 at 10:31pm
Another episode of pondering while Im doing what I don't enjoy to take my mind off the task, go back 15-20 years ago before they cut out the sulfer in various exhaust outputs did anyone have to wash mold off of their house siding due to it being in the atmosphere. Back then we seldom added sulfer to fertilizer recipes. Forward to today we add sulfer and wash green mold off of our houses. Just a coincidence?
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2024 at 4:58pm
worst thing we ever did for Farmers was shut down coal fired power plants... The sulfer and potash discharge would fertilize all the fields within 50 miles of the plant !!
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 10:35am
Now we get chemtrails to kill us off! 
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic