This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

what adhesive do you use on cab gaskets?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what adhesive do you use on cab gaskets?
    Posted: 22 Jun 2024 at 3:21pm
  Got some door and window gaskets that need to be glued back on again, What is the better adhesive to use?
  Had a 3M number many years ago and can't find where I wrote that down at.
 Thanks for any information. JC
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2024 at 3:43pm
3M-8001 yellow is what I use. They also make similar stuff in a brown or black color but don't know that p/n.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2024 at 8:36pm
do a google search for door and window gasket cement.  I've seen regular contact cement used when doing a whole gasket, but the yellow snot-like stuff is easier to patch with...
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2024 at 7:18pm
We used 3M super weather strip adhesives on aircraft. When you ho to wallmart itll say super 77 on the can.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2024 at 9:14am
I use the same 3M super weatherstrip adhesive. Part no. for the Black is 051135/08008.  One thing you have to make sure of is the channel the weatherstrip goes into is free of rust and scale or the 3M stuff won't stick. On my old hotrods, if the channel has rust and scale, I clean that out first, then I use a rust killer, let it go a couple days, and then glue the weatherstrip back in. In some cases, I had to paint a little POR15 in the channel first with an acid brush, and let that cure a couple days before reinstalling the weatherstrip. This gives the glue a clean surface to adhere to.  HTH
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic