This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Just my luck,,,,,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just my luck,,,,,,,,
    Posted: 16 Jun 2024 at 2:46pm
This morning, some worthless t**d, dropped off two kittens(and then drove away)across the street from our house. Wife saw a local feral cat approaching the kittens, wifey opened the window to holler at the grown cat, the kittens hearing a human voice ran towards our house(CRAP!!) obviously the kittens are accustomed to humans(DOUBLE CRAP!!)
So I went out picked them up out of the street, put them in our fenced back yard, they are working on their 2 saucer of milk. They may be 6wks old? Wifey wants to keep one, and give one to Son #2(he doesn’t know it yet).
Why does the schitt happen to me?
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Sponsored Links

Darb210 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Darb210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2024 at 3:17pm
God had a plan for those kittens, he knows you are a kind soul...  I've been there..  lol  we had 18 cats outdoors at one point
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2024 at 3:37pm
Cannot say better Darb210
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2024 at 4:09pm
X3
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2024 at 4:47pm
I'm highly allergic to cats , as well as grass ,trees and other 'greenery....yeah, so I moved to the country 3 decades ago....
I've had 6-7 ? cats, 'Cloudy' is my BEST buddy ! The FIRST cat I'm NOT allergic to !! After being treed by coyote, and nearly dieing, he now sports a GPS tracker AND comes home almost every day between 2:30 and 3 in the afternoon.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2024 at 5:13pm
Wife decided she wanted a cat. We went to the animal shelter and they were closed. I said "it's a sign! We're not supposed to have a cat." Well, the local pet shop helps with adoptions from the animal shelter. "We'll just go look" she says. I said "ok, but we're not leaving with a damn cat!" About 30 minutes and $100 or so later, piglet came home with us.
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2024 at 6:51pm
Have had Four cats and Three dogs over the years, every one of them was a Oddball, mixed breed, nothing special except to the two of us.  Sylvester was first cat, and yes Black with white on him, quite a piece of work.  He made it to nine and passed from a blood disorder, Samantha was a stray kitten adopted us while visiting friends in Warrensburg MO, tiny, Calico and BAD Attitude until she passed at 12, Tiger was not appreciated by the first two so was donated to my brother who donated he to someone else, lost track of him.  Last up was Smokey, heard a kitten squalling so went to find it, seems neighbor in St Charles that worked the Japanese American School in ST Louis County had her stowaway on her van undercarriage and rode all the way back to our neighborhood then ran to a parked RV.  Was sitting on a tire and horribly frightened, Bath and vet trip she stayed with us until someone I suspected gave her antifreeze and she died of kidney failure.

DO NOT WANT ANOTHER for now, want to return to traveling, cannot have the pets and expect anyone to look after them.
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2024 at 7:29pm
Was working on the 200 a while back when a stray very hungry kitten showed up. Its a very long driveway and no idea where it came from. Already a male cat on the place and he tried to kill it. We rescued it, put her in a crate in the chicken house to keep her safe. Lo and behold, uncle takes her in the house and 21 cats later....
Clay View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2024 at 9:29pm
I have so many cats and kittens, I identify as a CAT RANCHER.
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2024 at 10:00pm
I'LL take them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL! --- Just dont tell Virginia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2024 at 8:30am
Originally posted by Clay Clay wrote:

I have so many cats and kittens, I identify as a CAT RANCHER.

In the same boat over here. Two strays show up.......................................now 50, a 100, headed for a million. They are working on squirrels as well as gophers, mice, and rats.  
Clay View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2024 at 9:36am
I give  all  cats the same speech, "You are all welcome to live in the barn. I will provide a small amount of dry cat food and an occasional petting.  Should I find any rats or mice, your employment will be terminated.  Remember, you can be replaced."

Edited by Clay - 17 Jun 2024 at 9:38am
Darwin W. Kurtz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darwin W. Kurtz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2024 at 4:58pm
We have the same thing happen with dogs. People have even dumped them by coming to an auction and not taking them home. On a cold drizzly day in March someone left a little brown chiwuawua house dog that we inherited, he was a great little pet that we named George. Wife found a whole litter of misc mixed breed mutts that someone had dumped in the highway to get runover, she gave them baths and babied them until we could give them away......but guess what? she ended up having us keep 2 of them so now we have Buddy and Lilly! (they have actually been good pets!) If I knew who I would have turned both poeple in, that's just a no good person to do that to pets
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2024 at 7:33pm
Jerks from all the local towns that have pets they will no longer afford or divorce and neither wants the animal then they come down the county roads, see a nice house and set them to the curb expecting them to run to a new owner. These people need tied to a fence post with a dog shock collar on and a sign on the remote by the road to test it REPEATEDLY.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic