This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Firing order for a CA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyle B(NY) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Firing order for a CA
    Posted: 24 Jul 2011 at 5:41pm
Hi just wondering if any one could get me the firing order on a CA , Thanks.
Sponsored Links

RyanTN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RyanTN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2011 at 5:48pm
1-2-4-3
RyanTN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RyanTN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2011 at 5:49pm
...and one is closest to the radiator...
Doyle B(NY) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyle B(NY) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2011 at 5:54pm
Yes thank you very much.
Dick L View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2011 at 6:26pm
If you ever get caught without someone to ask what a firing order is you can always remove the valve cover and watch the rocker arms. When both valves to a cylinder are closed it needs to fire. Making sure the rotor points to a wire terminal and that wire goes to that cylinder with that piston at top dead center.
wkpoor View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wkpoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2011 at 8:47pm
Maybe easier yet just take out all the plugs and check with your thumb which cylinder are on compression stroke as someone else slowly cranks. 
1955CA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955CA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2024 at 10:05am
Just curious. Everyone says the cylinders are from radiator back 1-2-3-4.
Just wondering why there a big 2 stamped in the block under what you say would be #3 cylinder?
Lon(MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lon(MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2024 at 6:51am
I haven't seen any recent Dick L posts. ????
http://lonsallischalmers.com
Jim.ME View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim.ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2024 at 6:58am
Originally posted by 1955CA 1955CA wrote:

Just wondering why there a big 2 stamped in the block under what you say would be #3 cylinder?

Is the 2 stamped or cast into the block?  I am guessing it is cast in.  Numbers cast into parts often do not mean anything to anyone outside of the foundry.  Some are date codes, pattern changes, etc.  In this case I would say the 2 is a foundry mark with no relation to the cylinder it is near.
1955CA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955CA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2024 at 7:03am
Originally posted by Jim.ME Jim.ME wrote:

Originally posted by 1955CA 1955CA wrote:

Is the 2 stamped or cast into the block?  I am guessing it is cast in.  Numbers cast into parts often do not mean anything to anyone outside of the foundry.  Some are date codes, pattern changes, etc.  In this case I would say the 2 is a foundry mark with no relation to the cylinder it is near.

Okay, yes cast in. I thought maybe the number 2 meant the cylinder number just as many of my old Ford engines had the cylinder numbers cast in. Both my CA's have this big #2 cast in the block.

Jim.ME View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim.ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2024 at 7:03am
I think he and his wife are still having health issues.  It has been a couple months since he posted on YT.  He said he was going to be having cataract surgery soon after that post.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic