This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New WD45 owner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twinkie8907 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New WD45 owner
    Posted: 06 Jun 2024 at 5:26am
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and new to owning a WD45. I have always loved the looks of Allis tractors and the WD45 has been a favorite of mine since childhood. I believe I have a 1957 AC WD45, with a Kelley loader(Indiana here) and factory power steering. I look forward to continuing to learn about my tractor on here.
Sponsored Links

ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2024 at 6:17am
Nice tractor, and welcome to the forum!
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2024 at 8:31am
A very nice WD45!  Welcome aboard!
Jim from Marengo View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim from Marengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2024 at 8:33am
I just recently acquired a WD45.  Welcome!

IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2024 at 8:33am
Nice, welcome aboard.
Twinkie8907 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twinkie8907 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2024 at 8:41am
Thanks everyone for the replies. Loving this tractor, I almost left work the day I figured out what spin out rims were lol.

I am having a great time getting to know the tractor and I have a ton of questions. The most prominent question that I have is where can I find an owners manual? and how much $?

After having done some reading on here, I think I may need my magneto(sp) rebuilt. The throttle can be funny on my tractor, sometimes the throttle lever is halfway before it really starts to increase rpm. It could also be that it's a 67yo tractor and im used to a bit more response.
Dennis J OPKs View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis J OPKs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2024 at 9:11am
Nice looking tractor-wish mine looked that good.  That tractor would have come with a distributor unless someone changed it out for a mag.  Good luck & enjoy your new toy.
Allis dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2024 at 9:14am
That's a nice looking tractor! Good to have another Indiana friend on here.
I look at Ebay for operator manuals. Peaceful Creek seems ot make good reproduction manuals. I've bought several from them.

Youre tractor has a distributor not a magneto. I also have a WD45. YOu ihgt need to adjust some throttle linkage or some springs. Form esperience, my WD45 isn't like a car. You do have to raise the lever a lot to really start getting your RPMs up
Ed (Ont) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed (Ont) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2024 at 9:25am
Yes 1957 by serial number. Close to the end of the run for those. Where did you find that serial number? Rear diff I presume but just seems to look a bit different. Smile
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2024 at 9:31am
Nice purchase! Welcome to the bestest AC forum on the planet!  The 45' normally came with a Distributor. I do Mag and Distributor rebuilding. The Distributors I offer an exchange program or I can rebuild yours. Your call. Anyway, again, welcome to the Orange family!
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twinkie8907 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2024 at 9:33am
Yes rear diff left side just under the left brake cover. As you can see in the picture I had to scrape paint to find it. One of the last 3500 WDs made by what I found.

Thanks for the info on distributor, and where to find the manuals
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twinkie8907 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2024 at 9:48am

rear remote. If you look at the bottom left you can barely see where i scraped some finding the serial number.
Questions about possibly adding another/is there two lines so the rear can hold height etc?

factory power steering. I need a battery box, only about a 1/3 of mine left. 6V positive ground

Edited by Twinkie8907 - 06 Jun 2024 at 9:49am
Brian G. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2024 at 10:56am
You've got two of the most sought after options in addition to your front end loader.
Power steering to help when using the loader.
Factory rear blade; helps keep traction on the rear wheels when using the loader and you will find that back blade  to be one of the most useful implements you'll ever have.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twinkie8907 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2024 at 11:41am
Awesome thanks for the info. The front loader is all ran off the factory hydraulic control on the left side of the steering wheel. So to use my loader I have to take off my rear blade(I only have a valve to shut loader off, dont think I have a valve to shut rear hydraulics off). This is an issue I soon hope to resolve, probably by adding lever controls for the loader[converting trip lever bucket to hydraulic as well], but im struggling with should I modify it to work better or keep it as original as possible. I'd love and appreciate any info or advice.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2024 at 12:51pm
Not factory PS...Charr-Lynn...often better
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twinkie8907 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2024 at 1:14pm
Hmm news to me, old man I bought it off of said it was factory PS. Well thats good news, it wines really bad when you try to turn at a dead stop. Slight roll and you can whip it back and forth without issue. Thank you for the info.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twinkie8907 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2024 at 1:21pm
Just ordered those Peaceful Creek manuals, thank you for that info. I got the last paired set they had in stock...The Lord was looking out for me.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic