This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WD45 to the rescue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC WD45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WD45 to the rescue
    Posted: 24 Feb 2024 at 8:33pm
To drag this CC-A John Deere out of it's 50 year resting place on my buddys farm. It's pretty crusty but should work for a small plot of garden. Just another excuse to get the tractor out. Need to find a one way Allis implement cylinder for it.

German Shepherd dad
1957 Allis Chalmers WD45
#WD234847
1951 Allis Chalmers WD
#WD88193
Sponsored Links

IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2024 at 5:36am
As good a reason as any to get her out of the shed. Supposed to be mid 60's here today, I'm going on a tractor ride before the days over! Just not sure which one yet? I may hook on the disc and run it across the garden! If the weather holds, going to plant radishes and turnips early this year!
wjohn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2024 at 8:58pm
I wonder how many of those JD made. I've seen them everywhere. I even saw one that someone had adapted to have Snap Coupler hookups on it so that it was fully mounted (smaller width, for sure).
1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2024 at 11:41am
I agree John, they were everywhere. Most in this part of the world had chain drive lift system with a trip rope, but you could find hydraulic ones too. IH and Case both had a close design. But only seen one or 2 of each out here. But a big improvement to a spring tooth to move down the road a mile Wink or maybe more. Even with steel wheels.LOL

Edited by Ray54 - 26 Feb 2024 at 11:44am
jvin248 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jvin248 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2024 at 6:54pm

I like your early season plan

I set my old cultivator up as a strip till implement. Adding marker shoes at the ends this year, following tractor tire marks was less accurate last year.

I'm using it to experiment with 15 in corn rows vs 30 inch I've used so far. More in row spacing for plants while higher per acre.

So fit your garden with it and then adjust for marking rows.

Edited by jvin248 - 26 Feb 2024 at 7:00pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic