This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Model B plow worth

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john2189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Model B plow worth
    Posted: 21 Feb 2024 at 8:59pm
Hi , I just bought a woods l59 mower for my B. It has a mounted plow on it now that I don’t need. I assume the drawbar, rockshaft and depth control would be part of it.
What would a good amount to ask for it?     
I really don’t want to give it away.
John
'41 Allis B
'45 Allis B
'49 Farmall Cub
'72 IH Cub
Sponsored Links

PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2024 at 6:50am
Condition is a large factor, many plows are worn into scrap iron. Many will look at a plow from topside and think it's just fine, however looking from underneath at how far the share is worn into the frog will show otherwise. also how far the landslide is worn up to the frog will tell how much wear the plow has. Some even have a bent beam, this it something that very few can notice, although it will really show up when put into use.. Also in the case of the B/C pickup plow that are many small parts that are needed to properly mount to a tractor, missing them make the plow useless. Many parts that most think belong on the tractor, actually are plow parts.
 Detailed close up pictures of everything from a couple different angles will allow a potential buyer to access what they are looking at.

Edited by PaulB - 23 Feb 2024 at 2:46pm
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
Real pullers don't have speed limits.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
john2189 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john2189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2024 at 1:11pm
Thanks Paul. I do believe it is complete since it is mounted to the tractor.
The point of it is broken off, I do have the piece that someone tried to weld it back on, and I did buy a replacement piece for it. The coulter has a piece about the size of a 50 cent piece that really shouldn’t hurt anything. And of course it is dirty/rusty which would clean up with some sandpaper or let the dirt clean it up.
John

'41 Allis B
'45 Allis B
'49 Farmall Cub
'72 IH Cub
john2189 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john2189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2024 at 1:52pm
'41 Allis B
'45 Allis B
'49 Farmall Cub
'72 IH Cub
john2189 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john2189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2024 at 1:53pm
Best pics I can get.
The hydraulic cylinder doesn’t go with it
When I get it off the tractor, I will take better pictures and post it in the classified forum.
John

Edited by john2189 - 23 Feb 2024 at 2:19pm
'41 Allis B
'45 Allis B
'49 Farmall Cub
'72 IH Cub
john2189 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john2189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2024 at 3:02pm
Paul, is the rockshaft a part of the plow?
'41 Allis B
'45 Allis B
'49 Farmall Cub
'72 IH Cub
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2024 at 3:25pm
rockshaft is normally part of the tractor.. You need it if you have any implement that needs a hydraulic lift.... plow, disc, sickle, blade, etc.

Edited by steve(ill) - 23 Feb 2024 at 3:26pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
john2189 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john2189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2024 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

rockshaft is normally part of the tractor.. You need it if you have any implement that needs a hydraulic lift.... plow, disc, sickle, blade, etc.

Thanks that’s what I thought
'41 Allis B
'45 Allis B
'49 Farmall Cub
'72 IH Cub
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2024 at 4:28pm
If the plow is in good shape, it is worth about $100. Left hand, single bottom plows are a little more.

I sold a left/right pair that were just like new for $300 a couple years ago. 
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2024 at 7:08pm
Actually the rockshaft is NOT part of the tractor, you will not find the Rockshaft in a B tractor parts book. However it is a required accessory that is needed for many different implements. The Rockshaft shown is found in the B/C Pick-up Plow parts book and is somewhat universal for all implements.  There are also other types types of B rockshafts that are for specific implements.
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
Real pullers don't have speed limits.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
wjohn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2024 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by PaulB PaulB wrote:

Actually the rockshaft is NOT part of the tractor, you will not find the Rockshaft in a B tractor parts book. However it is a required accessory that is needed for many different implements. The Rockshaft shown is found in the B/C Pick-up Plow parts book and is somewhat universal for all implements.  There are also other types types of B rockshafts that are for specific implements.

Yep, and the newer paint on the tractor vs. the old paint on the plow and rockshaft also tell that tale. It looks like someone painted the tractor and then added the plow (which came with the rockshaft) later.

You will likely have to sell the rockshaft and mounting brackets with the plow for the plow assembly to be worth anything.

I'm not sure if a guy could get $200 out of a complete plain Jane RH B pickup plow these days or not. A really early version might be worth slightly more to a collector but this is not one of those. If it were me I probably wouldn't bother selling it unless I really needed it out of the way.
1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
Lon(MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lon(MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2024 at 6:17am
I have been looking for a rockshaft. (not real hard) send me an email if you have one to sell. lselkriver@gmail.com
http://lonsallischalmers.com
john2189 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john2189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2024 at 8:54am
Originally posted by Lon(MN) Lon(MN) wrote:

I have been looking for a rockshaft. (not real hard) send me an email if you have one to sell. lselkriver@gmail.com

If I sell the plow, it will go with it
John
'41 Allis B
'45 Allis B
'49 Farmall Cub
'72 IH Cub
john2189 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john2189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2024 at 8:55am
Originally posted by wjohn wjohn wrote:

Originally posted by PaulB PaulB wrote:

Yep, and the newer paint on the tractor vs. the old paint on the plow and rockshaft also tell that tale. It looks like someone painted the tractor and then added the plow (which came with the rockshaft) later.

You will likely have to sell the rockshaft and mounting brackets with the plow for the plow assembly to be worth anything.

I'm not sure if a guy could get $200 out of a complete plain Jane RH B pickup plow these days or not. A really early version might be worth slightly more to a collector but this is not one of those. If it were me I probably wouldn't bother selling it unless I really needed it out of the way.

What does the early version look like?
'41 Allis B
'45 Allis B
'49 Farmall Cub
'72 IH Cub
jvin248 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jvin248 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2024 at 7:32pm

You might find uses for a plow around if you don't have another, the way the food supply problems are indicating.

wjohn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2024 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by john2189 john2189 wrote:

The plow beam is flat steel instead of a casting, the rockshaft is different (actually there were several different versions of the rockshaft early on), the plow drawbar is one-piece made out of round instead of a weldment, the drawbar brackets that bolt to the finals are different, the hand lift lever is different, and there are probably several other things I'm forgetting. I have a nice one in a pile that I want to put on my '39 B someday.
1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
john2189 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john2189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 5:19am
Originally posted by jvin248 jvin248 wrote:

You might find uses for a plow around if you don't have another, the way the food supply problems are indicating.

I have a Farmall Cub with a snow plow and mold board plow that does a really nice job

'41 Allis B
'45 Allis B
'49 Farmall Cub
'72 IH Cub
john2189 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john2189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 5:20am
Originally posted by wjohn wjohn wrote:

Originally posted by john2189 john2189 wrote:

The plow beam is flat steel instead of a casting, the rockshaft is different (actually there were several different versions of the rockshaft early on), the plow drawbar is one-piece made out of round instead of a weldment, the drawbar brackets that bolt to the finals are different, the hand lift lever is different, and there are probably several other things I'm forgetting. I have a nice one in a pile that I want to put on my '39 B someday.

Sounds like everything is different

'41 Allis B
'45 Allis B
'49 Farmall Cub
'72 IH Cub
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic