This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WD/WD-45 Wheel Wrench

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WD/WD-45 Wheel Wrench
    Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 2:00pm
I have had this wheel wrench for many years and have never used it. I never did have the handle (#3). It looks easy enough to make....can someone give me the length?
A young friend of mine is restoring his Grandpa's WD and I'd like to give it to him to display with his tractor at shows.

Edited by Brian G. NY - 06 Feb 2024 at 3:19pm
Sponsored Links

Ken McGregor View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken McGregor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 2:20pm
What is the purpose of Item #6 in your diagram? I don't recall usung the grease gun for anything other than the water pump fitting. There is a special grease used for that. The spatk plug wrench was probably the most used item in the tool kit.

regards,
Ken McGregor
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 2:35pm
That wheel wrench was for the power adjust rear wheels on the WD/WD45 would also work on D14/15/early 17. There probably is much on a WC that it will fit.

If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
Real pullers don't have speed limits.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Brian G. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 2:45pm
I have never seen one of these....I cross referenced it in the parts manual to show how it was used. Item 11 on this page.

ounted.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by PaulB PaulB wrote:

That wheel wrench was for the power adjust rear wheels on the WD/WD45 would also work on D14/15/early 17. There probably is much on a WC that it will fit.

A-C refers to it as "WRENCH, Front and rear wheel bolts". 

I believe it fits the rear adjusting cam (eccentric) bolts as well as the lug bolts. Fat chance it would ever turn a well rusted cam bolt. LOL

Edited by Brian G. NY - 06 Feb 2024 at 3:05pm
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 3:23pm
Brian.  Here is the set from my D17 (original paint yet!)  It also fits my WD and WD45,

Handle is about 13 3/4 " long.

Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 4:32pm
Brian sent you a pm
Lon(MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lon(MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 6:43am
I used that handle as a gas gauge. 
http://lonsallischalmers.com
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 7:52am
Thought they were for both rear wheel spin outs and adjustable front axle. That why original tie rod clamp has the large nut. So that wrench would fit.
What’s nos handle worth
Dave (NE) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 8:27am
I have a few of the wheel wrenches and breaker bars for sale:

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. Mark Twain.
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 8:47am
Originally posted by Lon(MN) Lon(MN) wrote:

I used that handle as a gas gauge. 

Lon, you're not the only one that did that!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 9:06am
Thanks Phil.
I think the WD/WD-45 wrenches were black. I guess they changed the color fot the D-17s. The one I have is N.O.S..
Allis dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 9:09am
I'm not sure those would loosen most of my wedges today.
dfwallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 11:12am
Looks identical to my CA wrench set (except for the CA square head socket I guess).  I don't recall seeing the CA version with noticeable paint.  I think it was rusted pretty bad the first time I saw them in the mid 60s.  Pretty sure it wasn't orange.  I would probably have seen some orange spots at least.  They were most likely black.  When I found them again last spring though (shocked), I sandblasted and painted them orange so everybody knows they're mine :)

Edited by dfwallis - 07 Feb 2024 at 8:00pm
1952 CA13092
DSeries4 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSeries4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by Brian G.  NY Brian G. NY wrote:

Thanks Phil.
I think the WD/WD-45 wrenches were black. I guess they changed the color fot the D-17s. The one I have is N.O.S..

The ones for my CA and D14 are also black.
'49 G, '54 WD45, '55 CA, '56 WD45D, '57 WD45, '58 D14, '59 D14, '60 D14, '61 D15D, '66 D15II, '66 D21II, '67 D17IV, '67 D17IVD, '67 190XTD, '73 620, '76 185, '77 175, '84 8030, '85 6080
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by dfwallis dfwallis wrote:

Looks identical to my CA wrench set.

Seems I heard that the CA cam bolts had a square head.......might be totally wrong on that.
dfwallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Brian G.  NY Brian G. NY wrote:

Originally posted by dfwallis dfwallis wrote:

Looks identical to my CA wrench set.

Seems I heard that the CA cam bolts had a square head.......might be totally wrong on that.

Yes, they are square heads.
1952 CA13092
Dave (NE) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 4:35pm
yeah, 1/2" square.  if you run across one of those wrenches, they are rare.  I have one and it is the only one I've ever seen.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. Mark Twain.
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 7:20pm
My D 17 came from the original owner near here. It was very well maintained except for the last year when it sat with a bad tire.  The original owner may have painted the tools way back when.  I just assumed they were originally orange although they could have been black.  Only set I've ever seen as my WD's and WD45 had none when I got them!  At least these fit all the tractors I use!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic