This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ca hydralic oil

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rilenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ca hydralic oil
    Posted: 15 Jan 2024 at 1:03pm
I added a loader to my CA and a 6 ft. back blade. My question is do I raise both items to the max and then top off the oil level.
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2024 at 1:10pm
normally you fill with both implements setting on the ground in the rest position... Operated them both up and down to make sure the cylinders are purged of air.. then set on ground and fill.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2024 at 1:15pm
hmm, my D-14 says to raise it up THEN check the level......
it's stamped on the measuring stick....
see, guys DO read somethings, sometimes !!!!
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
rilenz View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rilenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2024 at 1:38pm
it makes sense to me to have hydralics rested other wise where would the extra oil go
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2024 at 1:48pm
I've seen it both ways myself. Many times on tractor implements they want the cylinders fully stroked and the reservoir level brought to the marks. Seems backwards to me unless they are sizing the reservoir just large enough for the purpose in space constraints. 
A career built on repairing and improving engineering design deficiencies, shortcomings, and failures over 50 years now.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2024 at 1:53pm
If you had the operators manual for the CA tractor, you would find it reads: Have the tractor rams Extended and the Loader Bucket Resting on the ground. Fill Hydraulic system to the FULL mark on the bayonet gauge and then add ONE extra quart of oil. 

For any piece of equipment that you wish to operate and care for correctly, you should have an owners manual.
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
Real pullers don't have speed limits.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
rilenz View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rilenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2024 at 8:16am
I do have a couple CA manuel but did not see that part so I thought I would check here did'nt mean to bother you
AC WD45 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC WD45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2024 at 9:23am
Originally posted by rilenz rilenz wrote:

I do have a couple CA manuel but did not see that part so I thought I would check here did'nt mean to bother you

You're not bothering anybody. Some of the old cogers claround here can be quite testy. They seem to forget we were all new to equipment at one time or another and they seem to think they need to get all fired up at new guys. And seem to forget, some of these old manuals, especially for loaders can be extremely hard to find after 60+ years.

Get yourself a manual and read it thoroughly, and don't let anyone scare you away from asking a question.
German Shepherd dad
1957 Allis Chalmers WD45
#WD234847
1951 Allis Chalmers WD
#WD88193
AC WD45 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AC WD45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2024 at 9:26am
Originally posted by PaulB PaulB wrote:

If you had the operators manual for the CA tractor, you would find it reads: Have the tractor rams Extended and the Loader Bucket Resting on the ground. Fill Hydraulic system to the FULL mark on the bayonet gauge and then add ONE extra quart of oil. 

For any piece of equipment that you wish to operate and care for correctly, you should have an owners manual.

Yep, that's right Paul, everyone has or knows where to get owners manuals for attachments most people scrapped 20 years ago. Good grief, I don't think the additude is necessary. Give the guy a break.

Edited by AC WD45 - 16 Jan 2024 at 9:26am
German Shepherd dad
1957 Allis Chalmers WD45
#WD234847
1951 Allis Chalmers WD
#WD88193
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2024 at 9:28am
 Clap   Clap   Thumbs Up
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
dfwallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2024 at 12:32pm
I don't have any documentation for a loader, but the base manual says to check oil with the lift arms extended (top it off).  It also says that on the dip stick.
1952 CA13092
rilenz View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rilenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2024 at 6:10pm
Thanks for the info everybody
wjohn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2024 at 9:38pm
This is one revision of the manual for a CA8 loader.

1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
MadCow View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadCow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2024 at 8:55pm
I have a loader on my D15. I raise all my arms up, bucket as high as it'll go. (Like 48" stroke in 1 1/2" bore) and fill to the bottom line. Then drop it all to the bottom. Usually get a little coming out the fill of I use it hard right away. And the leaks in the system usually set it right soon enough and I'm off to the races.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic