This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

56 ‘45 nf fps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 56 ‘45 nf fps
    Posted: 08 Jan 2024 at 8:26pm
Let’s call her Sam’s Sister. Sam was last weeks project and was this winter’s sixth project. Sis is number 7.
All oils changed.
HD red antifreeze per the Dr.
Front rim welded some cracks, serviced both front wheel bearings
Professionally rebuilt Marvel carb
New Denso alternator,diode on IG terminal, wiring and voltmeter
New key switch
New power steering hoses
Cleaned degreaser primed and painted rims and where needed
Plugs points wires cap and rotor all new
Timing done,
Compression check dry cold : 149,149,142,149
That’s about all she needed.

Blue Skies and Tail Winds
                          Dana
Sponsored Links

allisorange View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisorange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2024 at 7:21am
That is a very nice tractor.

J. Carlson
ac45dave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac45dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2024 at 7:58am
Originally posted by captaindana captaindana wrote:

Let’s call her Sam’s Sister. Sam was last weeks project and was this winter’s sixth project.

I'm guessing it has d17 pistons to have that kind of compression numbers.Nice ole 45 for sure.
54 wd-45gas ; 56 wd-45d N/F w/fact p/s ; 63 d-17 sIII N/F gas ; 60 D14 N/F ; 67 d-17 sIV N/F gas ; 63D15 sII W/F; 39rc#667 ; 2021 massey 4710 fwa ; gravely 2 wheel tractors
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2024 at 9:25am
Originally posted by ac45dave ac45dave wrote:

Originally posted by captaindana captaindana wrote:

Let’s call her Sam’s Sister. Sam was last weeks project and was this winter’s sixth project.

I'm guessing it has d17 pistons to have that kind of compression numbers.Nice ole 45 for sure.

Could be M&W's too.

Very nice Captain!
Ed (Ont) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed (Ont) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2024 at 11:26am
What brand of red coolant are you using? And what is the Denso alt number? Thx. Sure looks good!! Smile

Edited by Ed (Ont) - 10 Jan 2024 at 11:27am
captaindana View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2024 at 12:10pm
Think it’s command from local auto store heavy duty truck says good for million miles or So

Dana
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2024 at 12:15pm
                          Dana
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2024 at 8:50pm
That sure is purdy Capn.  You sure are having fun this year aren't you?  Yeah, I'd say just by looking that it was built as a pulling tractor.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2024 at 4:36am
I sure know one thing….. I wish they could talk! This tractor had a real fine screen soldered or brazed around the air intake end. It was professionally attached, I had a heck of a time removing it. And the build up of baked on dirt and grime on the inside of that pipe, maybe a solid 1/8 + “was like none I have ever seen. Dang I wish she’d talk!
                          Dana
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic