This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Does Anybody Know...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does Anybody Know...
    Posted: 02 Jan 2024 at 1:55pm
what happened to Dave Dickmyer aka dave63?  He Hasn't been on since 14 Jun 2023
Any way, it was his birthday yesterday...... Party
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Sponsored Links

Jacob (WI,ND) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacob (WI,ND) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2024 at 7:26pm
Dave is fine, he's just a busy guy.  I wished him a Happy Birthday yesterday.
Jacob Swanson
1920 6-12; 1925,1926 20-35 longfenders; 1925,1926 15-25's; 1927,1929 20-35 shortfenders; C; B's; IB; WC's; WD; WD45
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2024 at 7:30pm
Talked to him at Rantoul in August at the Gathering of D21s. Believe he is on Facebook like the rest of the world. Just to damn easy to post photos. Wouldn't think that would matter so much but most people that I talk to tell me why they don't post on here anymore. That and if they switch Email they can't login. Darrin???
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
AC WD45 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC WD45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2024 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by Pat the Plumber CIL Pat the Plumber CIL wrote:

Talked to him at Rantoul in August at the Gathering of D21s. Believe he is on Facebook like the rest of the world. Just to damn easy to post photos. Wouldn't think that would matter so much but most people that I talk to tell me why they don't post on here anymore. That and if they switch Email they can't login. Darrin???

Never seem to have an issue posting photos. I upload them to Facebook and then re save them and post the compressed copies here, since my phone takes too high of resolution photos for this forums likening. 00
German Shepherd dad
1957 Allis Chalmers WD45
#WD234847
1951 Allis Chalmers WD
#WD88193
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 7:56am
I know several people that have stopped posting on here and they all tell me the same thing. I agree it's not that hard to post a couple photos but only so much storage on here. Some people post 30 or 40 pics at once and it is so much easier ,quicker on Facebook. Loosing more and more to Facebook every day.
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

55allis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 55allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 7:49pm
I don’t have a Facebook account…
And don’t plan on one…
1955 AC WD45 diesel with D262 repower, 1949 AC WD45
victoryallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoryallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 7:58pm

Posting pics on here is a pain in the butt big time. If I have a question that pics help I’ll ask on Facebook or Agtalk.   Pic posting is super easy on them sites. Seems this site is really fizzling.  
8030 and 8050MFWD, 7580, 3 6080's, 160, 7060, 175, heirloom D17, Deere 8760
Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 10:41pm
Posting pictures on here is no harder then posting pictures on Facebook, that being said I don't use cell phone to post pictures.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by Kenny L. Kenny L. wrote:

Posting pictures on here is no harder then posting pictures on Facebook, that being said I don't use cell phone to post pictures.
Kenny, it is a little harder, but not that bad.  The problem here is that there is ONLY SO MUCH ROOM in ones account.  The reason for that is Darin has only so much room on the servers, unlike FaceBook that has gillions of $$$$$ because of all the SCAM / SPAM / CREDIT CARD STEALING / ETC... Angry  ads  that they allow over there.  You print something derogatory about the Democratics over on FB and it's gone before you can sign out. Angry  BUT, their ads are all about stealing everybody's $$$$ and nothing happens to them. Angry
I got kicked off for awhile for saying that to them a while back.  FB doesn't like the truth. Confused
Darin and the ALLIS-CHALMERS forum have morals, something that FB doesn't. Clap Handshake
How many 'likes' am I gonna get on this one?.... LOL
"Allis-Express"
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2024 at 6:05am
Originally posted by Ted J Ted J wrote:

Originally posted by Kenny L. Kenny L. wrote:

Kenny, it is a little harder, but not that bad.  The problem here is that there is ONLY SO MUCH ROOM in ones account.  The reason for that is Darin has only so much room on the servers, unlike FaceBook that has gillions of $$$$$ because of all the SCAM / SPAM / CREDIT CARD STEALING / ETC... Angry  ads  that they allow over there.  You print something derogatory about the Democratics over on FB and it's gone before you can sign out. Angry  BUT, their ads are all about stealing everybody's $$$$ and nothing happens to them. Angry
I got kicked off for awhile for saying that to them a while back.  FB doesn't like the truth. Confused
Darin and the ALLIS-CHALMERS forum have morals, something that FB doesn't. Clap Handshake
How many 'likes' am I gonna get on this one?.... LOL

Much agreed!, would love to see the info on people and tractors that’s apparently on Facebook, but not willingly gonna give up the info it takes to join there
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
rilenz View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rilenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2024 at 7:42am
yeah Ted J. I would'nt give you 10 droppings of bird s--t for facebook
AC WD45 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AC WD45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2024 at 8:06am
Facebook is absolutely garbage for this sort of thing. If you ask a question of any kind, you might get 1 honest response but to see it you have to sift through droves of comments bullying and name calling and questioning your manhood, etc just because you asked a question. Don't even get me started in the lack of organization in saving tech articles or how toos, once a topic is discussed it dissapears never to be seen or found again, and god forbid you spell something wrong and all of the grammar Nazis come after you or worse, Facebooks computerized admin flags your comment and hands you a 30 day ban. To hell with all of that mess.

I don't see Allis Forum fizzling. If anything it's becoming more of a sanctuary for thos of us who can't stand the drama of Facebook. Half of my posts on Facebook I don't even check back to read the comments anymore. I already know the mess in the comments section will just tick me off.
German Shepherd dad
1957 Allis Chalmers WD45
#WD234847
1951 Allis Chalmers WD
#WD88193
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2024 at 8:22am
I agree for the most part 45 . It's funny to hear a technical question on Facebook. Get answers like you described, but then there will be one post where they suggest to come on here and ask as someone here will have the answer. There is some knowledge starting to show up over there and a few guys that will share . Yes I believe this site is stable with enough regulars to keep it up and going for quite a while. Just see so many regulars that used to be on here gone and on FB .

AC WD45 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC WD45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2024 at 8:35am
Originally posted by Pat the Plumber CIL Pat the Plumber CIL wrote:

I agree for the most part 45 . It's funny to hear a technical question on Facebook. Get answers like you described, but then there will be one post where they suggest to come on here and ask as someone here will have the answer. There is some knowledge starting to show up over there and a few guys that will share . Yes I believe this site is stable with enough regulars to keep it up and going for quite a while. Just see so many regulars that used to be on here gone and on FB .

Pat, any technical question I see, I try to provide a link to this place. The more traffic we encourage, the longer this forum will survive. If I get 3 new members for every 30 times I share the link, anything helps. When I got back into Allis tractors this past year, I was overflowing with joy when I found Allis Forum was still going strong. Definitely a place we don't want to go away.
German Shepherd dad
1957 Allis Chalmers WD45
#WD234847
1951 Allis Chalmers WD
#WD88193
Mfam8 View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mfam8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2024 at 10:55am
Lots of good thoughts regarding facebook, but the picture thing DOES make a difference. It is just so much easier to put a pic on their. That is one area that FB wins....On the info front,  I feel for every one correct answer on there, you see about 3 or 4 wrong ones. Just ask someone to identify a WD vs a WD45 and watch the beaters slap *hit in every direction you can name. If it were not for the Facebook marketplace, I don't believe I would keep facebook, but as its stands, I find so many deals and leads on all things Allis related that I feel it necessary to keep it for now. just my .02

Edited by Mfam8 - 06 Jan 2024 at 10:56am
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2024 at 11:31am
I don't use FB at all except to scan Marketplace not having an account. I then need to have someone with an account relay I want to enquire about something for a return response. I usually have my daughter relay an email address that is purposely kept to filter the "riff-raff" that is out there. Legitimate will usually respond with a telephone number to call.

I see several names from the past who no longer participate. I kinda figured the reason was other forms of social media; mainly FB.

Just last week I found I was out of room for photos. Many of my early uploads were at very high resolution and I've since learned that is not required, or desired. I therefore went and one by one deleted everything which was painful given the steps needed to do this with no ability to "bulk" delete.
A career built on repairing and improving engineering design deficiencies, shortcomings, and failures over 50 years now.
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2024 at 12:28pm
I also mostly just use FB for marketplace . I've bought a grill guard for my D 15 and also a disc tiller . Thanks
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2024 at 12:48pm
I have been looking for a decent RGN, or folding neck trailer priced fairly for some time. I scan Marketplace every day for this purpose of locating the right trailer. Have used Craigslist extensively for local purchases, but by golly the scammers are very much alive on that sight in a nationwide search. Not been taken, and have been able to filter this activity out. 
A career built on repairing and improving engineering design deficiencies, shortcomings, and failures over 50 years now.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2024 at 12:52am
Originally posted by Codger Codger wrote:

Just last week I found I was out of room for photos. Many of my early uploads were at very high resolution and I've since learned that is not required, or desired. I therefore went and one by one deleted everything which was painful given the steps needed to do this with no ability to "bulk" delete.
I see that a lot and it IS detrimental to the site and what we are talking about.  The problem is that many of the things we are looking at, talking about as Mfam8 is saying, the pictures make a BIG difference in explanation of something.  When people delete old pics or close accounts, we lose that picture explanation.
I don't know what the answer is, but if we all can contribute a little more to help Darin out,,,,,,,,, maybe the 'OLD' pics sill still be there for us to learn from.
"Allis-Express"
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2024 at 8:09am
Oh BTW Dave is doing OK he called me last week .  He was on his way to the Doctors .
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
KY D-17 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KY D-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2024 at 5:53pm
Does anyone know if there is an Allis Chalmers Club in Kentucky or Southern Indiana? I am in Kentucky near Evansville Indiana
Mfam8 View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mfam8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2024 at 7:44pm
I don't know about down that way, but there is one located 100 miles ish northwest of Evansville, it is called the Triple A Allis Club, and their showgrounds and annual show is held near Watson, IL 62473. They currently had been doing monthly club meetings and have a show each year in September. Might be something closer to you, but just thought I would at least let you know of this one.
KY D-17 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KY D-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2024 at 9:51pm
Thank you I will check into it
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2024 at 7:08am

There are  2 Allis  Tractor Clubs  here in this  area . It's always intense excitement if you choose .
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
dave63 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2024 at 4:54pm
I am alive and doing well,  I don't get much office time anymore and I stopped taking my laptop home.  So I do check on the Face book sites when I get a brake because I can do it on my phone.  

Hope you old guys are doing well I'll try to check in a little more often.  
Thanks For thinking about me.  
The universal answer to all questions is yes, how much do you want to spend?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic