This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D14 3-Point lifting capacity

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch1581 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D14 3-Point lifting capacity
    Posted: 19 Dec 2023 at 7:25pm
Looking at getting a set of 3-point forks for my D-14 and wondering what the lifting capacity would be. Would want to move IBC totes full of green firewood. Probably 1500-2000lbs
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2023 at 9:41pm
Lifting capacity will be greatest with the hydraulic pump set at 3500 psi versus 2500 psi.
Butch1581 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch1581 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2023 at 10:33pm
So dumb question how do I adjust the pressure? I have a 414 loader on the D14 as well with an external pump on the front
Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2023 at 10:42pm
If your hydraulic pump is good you'll be amazed at the lifting power the D14 has. With my D14 without the loader, I've had too much on my forks at times, the front end comes way off the ground without even a snort. With the one that has the loader I lift my firewood processor and it's between 1300 and 1400 lbs. The center of gravity is quite far back on the processor putting high demand on the lift capacity. I would find it interesting to know at what weight it would say "no". For the size of the tractor I'm impressed. 
Currently- WD,WC,3WF's,2 D14's B. Previously- I 600,TL745,200,FL9,FR12,H3,816 LBH. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal!
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2023 at 2:00am
You haven't specified a REAR lift hitch on the lift arms (I assumed) or the FRONT lift off the loader bucket ???
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2023 at 6:45am
I have one of those snap-coupler hitches for a semi plow on my D15II and I have 1500 pounds of tractor weights on it as counterbalance for the loader instead of rim rotting fluid in the rear tires. It will lift that easily. If I had a couple more weights it would probably still lift without problems.
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
Real pullers don't have speed limits.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
8070nc View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8070nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2023 at 6:57am
Mine will pick up more than the front end will hold down
1984 80780
1957 D14
DES 300 with 25000 engine
616 tractor
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2023 at 7:01am
made this 23 years ago, forklift forks fit it, have hauled 3000# logs on it, you  NEED weight up front though ! IBC toes are easy to carry,BTDT too .
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Butch1581 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch1581 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2023 at 7:17am
That’s pretty awesome. I thought about building something similar since we already have the clamp on forks. Otherwise I was just gonna buy this: With the loader on the front we will be able to pick up something for counterweight I was just worried about the 3 point being strong enough to lift the weight with it being put away from the pick point a bit. IMG_6194.png
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2023 at 8:04am
gee for $250 that's a pretty good deal .
Since I get steel for free and my time is 'free', I've always liked to 'bodge' instead of ,yuck, buy..
Whichever way you go, be sure the load can't hit the rear tires !!! BTDT..it becomes 'interesting' !!
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2023 at 5:20pm
Butch, I do exactly what you're suggesting with my D17.  I have a homemade 3-point kit, and a face mount that has standard forklift forks on it (yes, they slide from side to side, which you'll eventually want).

I use this setup for moving pallets and IBC totes all the time.

I'm certain that the smaller D will be just as willing to lift... but beware... an IBC tote full of green wood hanging on the forks will give your lower radiator a very clear view of the sky.  I usually have to hang a bunch of assorted ballast on the nose of my 17 in order to keep the wheels close enough to the ground to provide a little direction.

It is wise to lift the tote JUST ENOUGH to clear the ground, just in case you wind up nosing up, it will cease climbing when the forks touch the ground.

I've lifted over 3000lbs with my D17's forks on 3-point... just enough to get it off the ground, then steer with brakes, it'll move LOTS.  Now, it won't lift really high, but if you put a loading-berm in your yard, you can back a pickup up to it, and then bring the forks over to set a tote in a pickup.  I have three forklifts, and the one thing that the Allis CAN do, that the forklifts simply cannot... is traverse soft ground with that load.

Sliding forks is a good thing... if you can save the Vevor coin and just fab your own mounting face for a pair of used forks, do it.

Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic