This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

185 and 200 questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 185 and 200 questions
    Posted: 10 Dec 2023 at 8:37am
I’m sure this has probably been asked million times so here’s to one more I always liked the look of the 185 and 200 what I know and questions for each model

185 was made 70-81 I believe is there main difference through our the years that maybe some years better than others. Do all 185 have power director? Can they have add to have 2 remotes?

200 anything to watch out stay away from can they have 540 and 1000 pto?

How is best way to set if power adjust is strong on both. Do either of these have trouble jumping out of gear like some of others?

Using primarily for hay and pulling 12’ Cultimulcher 6 row planter 21 hole drill between which one I get or both😂

Thanks for the help I know there is a wealth of knowledge on here and appreciate everyone help and experience

Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2023 at 3:34pm
Most all 180/185's and 200's have dual remotes. All have 540/1000 PTO AVAILABLE but few have that feature. More 200's than the others. All are prone to 3rd gear jump out going downhill with a LOAD pushing the tractor. ALL HAVE POWER DIRECTOR.
CCF View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2023 at 4:09pm
Are parts still available to fix jumping out of gear problem that being said can you fix today to not have to worry about it again. I’m going back to tractors made of iron the emissions and sheet metal made from recycled beer cans on the new stuff I’m over it
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2023 at 4:38pm
All parts available from somewhere, yes.
CCF View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CCF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2023 at 11:10am
The 200 they sent me pics on is there easy way to tell if it has 1000 pto has 540 shaft on it now
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2023 at 11:37am
Small PTO shield with three bolts holding it on is 540 only.  540/1000 has a big broad PTO shield.
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2023 at 12:27pm
185 had drop axle. I don’t know if the 185 did, but the 200 had the throttle down low at your right hand where it is supposed to be.

It has been a while, but I used to run a snowblower on a 200. I could go between second gear and reverse by stepping on the It has been a while, but I used to run a snowblower on a 200. I could go between second gear and reverse by putting the hand clutch in neutral, and stepping on the left break. I don’t know why, but you would stop the transmission from spinning and you could keep the PTO running while making the shift.
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic