This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Are all 7000 series....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exSW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are all 7000 series....
    Posted: 27 Nov 2023 at 8:19am
..doors the same?
Learning AC...slowly
Sponsored Links

8070nc View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8070nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2023 at 8:33am
Thats a good question. Theres a difference between black and red belly cabs. Ive had both. I assumed the doors would fit either one but im not sure
1984 80780
1957 D14
DES 300 with 25000 engine
616 tractor
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2023 at 9:39am
I've got one of each, a maroon 77' 7040 & a black 79' 7060. Give me a few minutes & I'll go do some measuring.

The above two measure the same on their left doors. Approximately 61.5"tall, 33"width@handle, 16"width@floor, 19"width@top, 31" from top of top hinge to top of bottom hinge. Actual Fitment~I'm  guessing the same? Don't know about early 7030/7050s?

Guessing only major difference between maroon & black cabs is that the maroon has forward leaning "cultivator view" windows in the front lower left/right. Glass is flat. The cab's mid-line sheet metal contours from the door's handle area that itself slopes outward. That outward slope wraps around the front over-top each lower front "cultivator view" window. The windshield above them is perpendicular(lays flat).  The black cabs have an all flat front. So their windshield & lower windows are on same perpendicular/one piece plane, but the doors kept their original maroon slope contours.

Edited by AC7060IL - 27 Nov 2023 at 10:41am
exSW View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exSW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2023 at 10:39am
Originally posted by AC7060IL AC7060IL wrote:

I've got one of each, a maroon 77' 7040 & a black 79' 7060. Give me a few minutes & I'll go do some measuring.

The above two measure the same on their left doors. Approximately 61.5"tall, 33"width@handle, 16"width@floor, 19"width@top, 31" from top of top hinge to top of bottom hinge. Actual Fitment~I'm  guessing the same? Don't know about early 7030/7050s?

Thanks.
Learning AC...slowly
Red Bank View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Bank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2023 at 8:01pm
Do you need one?
gleaner1 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gleaner1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2023 at 5:55am
Acousta cab version 1 style matches the lines of the tractor, much nicer looking. The acousta 2 seems like a hack job they just cut off the forward leaning parts. For what reason? Maybe a few inches more of glass at the expense of cab volume the engineers must have been bored in early 78.
ALLIS CHALMERS "The color is orange"
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2023 at 6:18am
I'm thinking that front corner was difficult to fab and costly. View through the window really isn't much different with the taller glass in the later version
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2023 at 6:20am
I think you'll find the door structure itself is the same. It's all the trinkets they added to the second gen cab that makes it seem different.
exSW View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exSW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2023 at 7:59am
Just drug it home so we'll see. 
Learning AC...slowly
Lynn Marshall View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynn Marshall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2023 at 8:27am
The doors will interchange. The only difference was the fancy inside door handle on the newer ones.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2023 at 9:46pm
Were the 7000 model have identical cabs as the other 7020 on up have?
Felt like I could get into a 7000 much easier for some reason.
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2023 at 6:21am
Steering wheel is different in later series. I can tell the difference between my early 7060 and the 7045
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2023 at 6:42am
The steering wheel and the newer step made a huge improvement in cab entry and exit. I even added 3/4" to the door lock open strap to help with big wide loads.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic