This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis scoop.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed (Ont) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis scoop.
    Posted: 25 Nov 2023 at 3:25pm

Edited by Ed (Ont) - 25 Nov 2023 at 8:21pm
Sponsored Links

Ed (Ont) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed (Ont) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2023 at 3:28pm
These are so handy. I use it lots for various jobs. Didn’t have one when we were on the farm but sure would have been useful. Smile
Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2023 at 4:28pm
So very true Ed! You wonder sometimes what you would do without that kind of set up. Your tractor looks good, you must have it under roof when it's not working.
Currently- WD,WC,3WF's,2 D14's B. Previously- I 600,TL745,200,FL9,FR12,H3,816 LBH. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal!
Ed (Ont) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed (Ont) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2023 at 4:31pm
My dad bought it new in 1954. Has been inside all of its life except for the odd summer night when it had a load of hay behind it or got left in the field for some reason. Smile
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2023 at 4:36pm
Ed... i am not familiar with that specific "box" ......... is is a dump box ?  Does it connect to a 3 point or the old Allis hitch ?  I can see the rock shaft arms... and "extra" linkage on the side walls ?
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2023 at 4:37pm
Its a dirt scoop bucket can be turned around in frame ,a carry all had forks 

Edited by Fred in Pa - 25 Nov 2023 at 4:38pm
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2023 at 4:39pm
Do I have it right Ed, that yours is in the glitch category with the newer transmission but with the 201 engine? Mine is that way, I hope I'm not confusing yours with someone else's on the forum... If I only had a 226 I could make a WD45 out of it, oh well, it doesn't matter for what I use it but the thought is fun Smile
Currently- WD,WC,3WF's,2 D14's B. Previously- I 600,TL745,200,FL9,FR12,H3,816 LBH. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal!
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2023 at 4:42pm
I have an old rounded bottom FORD dirt scoop that i modified to fit  a 3 point on a "B" ... i was wondering if this was similar ...

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Ed (Ont) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed (Ont) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2023 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by Eric B Eric B wrote:

Do I have it right Ed, that yours is in the glitch category with the newer transmission but with the 201 engine? Mine is that way, I hope I'm not confusing yours with someone else's on the forum... If I only had a 226 I could make a WD45 out of it, oh well, it doesn't matter for what I use it but the thought is fun Smile
Eric mine is a true WD45. It has the 226 engine. Front support tho is the 3 bolt. 
Serial number 175421.

Edited by Ed (Ont) - 25 Nov 2023 at 5:20pm
Ed (Ont) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed (Ont) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2023 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by Fred in Pa Fred in Pa wrote:

Its a dirt scoop bucket can be turned around in frame ,a carry all had forks 
Thanks for that info Fred. Yes it can be turned. I have used it both ways. Smile
Ed (Ont) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed (Ont) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2023 at 8:28pm
Steve yes it dumps. Has a pivot point and latch and will turn upside down completely. Not sure how easy it is to tip when loaded heavy. I believe it is an original  Allis piece. I just got it a few years ago but do not see any markings or tags on it.
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2023 at 4:28am
Definitely an Allis scoop, have one just like it. Never used it much, might use it more if I turned it around. Does look like it would be a handy carryall.
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2023 at 9:00am
If it's heavily loaded set it down, trip the bucket and lift it up.
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2023 at 3:30pm
I have the same dirt scoop and use it all the time. Throw the chainsaw, fuel and tools in and go cut a load of firewood. Load the dirt scoop with wood, haul it and dump it where you want. Very handy device, have used it to move dirt, works well but probably a 1/3 of a bobcat bucket.
My father could have used this and a back blade. If you could only go back in time
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
EPALLIS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPALLIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2023 at 8:04pm
I use my dirt scoop all the time as well.  Almost the handiest piece of equipment there is.  From setting my birdhouses up in the spring to hauling fire wood in the fall, it is in constant use.  It is SC and I have it hooked up to my WD.  I have a rope hooked up to it,when I need to trip it.  Yes, it is reversible as well and i have used it both ways.  Just like a mini scraper when it's reversed.   Get one if you can.  You'll never know how you got along without it!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic