This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rotor speed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rotor speed
    Posted: 26 Oct 2023 at 8:31pm
What is the slowest rotor speed a person can run in a r-5?  Im having a problem grinding corn im at 300 or less on my rotor speed and my concaves are opened up I could go a little more but Ive always had a sample with ground up corn.  The only other thing I can think of is I have a hole in the tube thats in my grain tank  Im thinking maybe the corn is sitting there being ground up with the open auger?  18.6 moisture

Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2023 at 8:55pm
I've done a lot of corn at 240 RPM rotor speed on an N-5 and standard cylinder bars/helical bars, no reverse bars. Trouble with slower rotor speeds is cobs break up more making cleaning the tank up a challenge.
nickia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2023 at 9:19pm
ok thank you  I'll try the 240

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2023 at 1:00am
Power steering fixed ??
nickia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2023 at 7:24pm
yes steering fixed I replaced a leaking hose and still had turning issues  I think bushings are so bad that if it goes past a certain point the wheels are turned so far that they fight getting past center of the long tie rod?  If I said that right? The wheels turn so far one way that on the back stroke the tie rod is over center and prevents it from turning back  I need to make a "Stop" to limit my Radis

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic