This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Shoes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macon Rounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Shoes
    Posted: 29 Sep 2023 at 8:50pm
18.4 x 30 rears.

9.50 x 16 fronts.

love the diamond look.

Wish the offset was a little less on the dished side.
Had to run them like most 185's on tge front.

The Allis "D" Series Tractors, Gravely Walk behind Tractors, Cowboy Action Shooting !!!!!!! And Checkmate
Sponsored Links

HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2023 at 9:28pm
i always liked the looks of the diamond tread on the front of the allis tractors
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2023 at 9:43pm
why did you go with the diamonds ??  just looks, or specific reason ?
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2023 at 6:48am
I'm curious how well the diamond tread tires grip when turning? I always like the (straight) three rib that really turn well, without using brakes. I always thought I wanted to extend the life of the AC brakes as long as possible, since they are such a PITA to change.
Macon Rounds View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macon Rounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2023 at 12:38pm
mowing today I don't see any difference in turning.

I most often use steering brakes and didn't see/feel I needed to use them any more than with three rib.

Main reason was to reduce field damage when turning.
and
they work fantastic, no damage to grass at all and they ride significantly better.

Edited by Macon Rounds - 30 Sep 2023 at 12:55pm
The Allis "D" Series Tractors, Gravely Walk behind Tractors, Cowboy Action Shooting !!!!!!! And Checkmate
DanielW View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2023 at 7:06pm
They should all have come standard with those 18.4-30's on them instead of the 28's. Not for any performance reason: If you look on the tire data pages for contact patch area, etc., the 28's are almost identical to the 30's (and the 15.5-38's are substantially less). But it makes for a more standard tire, and that 1" or 2" in added height transforms the look of them. With the taller tires, they look like properly aggressive, mean tractors with their hackles up and ready to do some work. With the 28's on them (especially when worn down a bit) they sag back and look lazy, or like an old pickup when they have worn out leaf springs and too much tongue weight on a trailer.

Grest looking setup you have.
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2023 at 10:59pm
danialw thats my thinking also.         i think some of the bigger 7000 series tractors come with the diamond tread on front from the factory
Macon Rounds View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macon Rounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2023 at 12:16am
Thanks Fellas

Several reasons for the tire change....

I find myself mowing in 2nd high most of the time. But needing a little more ground speed. 3rd high is to fast for my sickle most of the time....

30" rears got me a few more inches over the worn out 16.9 x 28's I had on it. so ground speed is right were I need it now.

And I have always wanted to put fat tires on the front. Diamonds are the only way to go. For look and performance.
captaindana View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2023 at 5:32am
Nice job there Ben!
Blue Skies and Tail Winds
                          Dana
Gary Burnett View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2023 at 5:47am
In snow and mud you probably won't like the diamond tread too much.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic