This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis Chalmers Manhattan Project

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Austin(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis Chalmers Manhattan Project
    Posted: 09 Sep 2023 at 8:10am
This might be a long shot but….A few years ago there was som AC papers on EBay relating to AC’s involvement with the Manhattan Project. I remember there being a letter to the employees thanking them for their part and how the A-bomb was a massive effort that AC played a role in. I wish I would have bid on it—but thinking maybe someone on here got it. I’m trying to help the Milwaukee County Historical Society with something. Send me a PM or comment if anyone can help me out with any historical information.
"Better By Design"
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2023 at 8:58am
https://www.cbs58.com/news/extremely-top-secret-how-allis-chalmers-played-a-significant-role-in-the-manhattan-project-helping-build-the-atomic-bomb

i assume you have read this and other articles ??  

for some reason the link does not work.... if you COPY and PASTE the link, then hit ENTER it works..... or Go to CBS58 and look for this...

Edited by steve(ill) - 09 Sep 2023 at 9:06am
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DSeries4 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSeries4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2023 at 9:00am
The Allis book "an industrial heritage" does make some mention to Allis' efforts in the Manhattan Project.
'49 G, '54 WD45, '55 CA, '56 WD45D, '57 WD45, '58 D14, '59 D14, '60 D14, '61 D15D, '66 D15II, '66 D21II, '67 D17IV, '67 D17IVD, '67 190XTD, '73 620, '76 185, '77 175, '84 8030, '85 6080
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2023 at 9:00am
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2023 at 9:10am
Austin(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Austin(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2023 at 9:34am
Yes, I’ve been in contact with the MKE Historical Society archivist on this subject. I told him I’d reach out to the AC community about any documents out there on the subject.
"Better By Design"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic