This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Auctoning off Tractor ???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macon Rounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Auctoning off Tractor ???
    Posted: 30 Aug 2023 at 8:10am
What is the best
   "money in my pocket"
way to auction off Tractors ?

On line Aution ?

Phisical Auction ?

ETC. ???

I really don't have enough to have an on site auction.

I know they all need to charge a fee or FEE'S.
Some of them really Add up....

Here are what I have.

D17 IV Diesel factory 3 point.
Field ready.

I 600 Shuttle, gas, 3 point.
Strong dependable tractor.
Painted Green...
Previous owner did that.

7040 Power shift.
Runs and shifts FANTASTIC
Rough cosmetics, PTO won't shut off.
Recently purchased, just to big for my needs.

Farmall 400 gas.
NICE tractor.
Fast hitch.
NEW 15.5 x 38 Firestones.
on a scale of 1 to 10 its an 8.

Farmall 460 Gas
301 engine.
Fast hitch.
Runs and shifts fine.
Faded Paint.

Cockshutt 35
Black Hawk
Non Running.

What's the best way to auction these ???

The Allis "D" Series Tractors, Gravely Walk behind Tractors, Cowboy Action Shooting !!!!!!! And Checkmate
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2023 at 8:25am
auctions cost money.... I would list on Face Book or Craigs List for YOUR PRICE.. Set a little HIGH... then wait for the calls and haggle if needed. ... photos help.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Dave (NE) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2023 at 8:49am
I've had good luck with craigslist and if it is Allis related, listing the item on this site in the classifieds.  Had a few smaller tractors and equipment to clean up after the folks passed.  Was able to sell most everything except some parts and pieces for a cultivator.  Was very pleased with craigslist , always posted pictures and was willing to negotiate.  Dave
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. Mark Twain.
DanWi View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2023 at 8:56am
Our local sportsman club has a consignment auction every spring. If you want stuff advertised you have to let them know before the ad date. They have a big crowd and fair fees all you have to do is bring your stuff and drop it off the week before. A couple auctioneers also hold consignment sales a couple times a year. Just have to take your stuff th their location.
victoryallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoryallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2023 at 9:00am
Seems like some stuff on the online consignment sales brings stupid prices. Overhead a jockey talking yesterday that prices are starting to soften on some items.
8030 and 8050MFWD, 7580, 3 6080's, 160, 7060, 175, heirloom D17, Deere 8760
Gary Burnett View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2023 at 12:15pm
On line auctions in my area usually get more money for tractors and equipment than on site only auctions.Some are a combination of both.
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2023 at 3:26pm
I'm not telling you to do something dishonest, but remember that most online auctions will probably be (capital gains) taxable, when a private sale might not be.
bigal121892 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigal121892 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2023 at 3:27pm
Try Big Iron, people from all over will see it.
cjarosz View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cjarosz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2023 at 7:04pm
I would use AuctionTime preferably,I had a couple items sold on BigIron this spring and similar items brought at least a thousand more on AuctionTime about the same time I was very disappointed with what they brought but I’m sure the buyers loved it and year ago I took my baler to a consignment sale, jockey bought it put on AuctionTime and brought 600 more there than what I got plus I still lost more after commission came out
DMac View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2023 at 7:53pm
another option may be that you can put them in with another auction.  Sometimes auction companies allow you to put your stuff in with another persons or companies items . You get more exposure that way because there more items in the auction.
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2023 at 8:57pm
Macon, did I miss something? You giving up running the farm? Or just upgrading power?
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2023 at 9:01pm
I imagine you’d probably already be vigilant about it, but whichever direction that you decide to sell, “check & recheck” that each item is correctly spelled/listed. Important Internet listings info include, but not limited to;
-“manufacturer’s names,” List all versions in an advertisement,
AC, A-C, Allis Chalmers, Allis-Chalmers, etc..,
-“model numbers, again list all versions, D17, D-17, D17 series ?, 180, one eighty, one-eighty, etc.
-“item’s 3pt or Snap Coupler,
-“item’s pto 540, 540/1000,
-“tire sizes, 16.9-28, 7.5-15,
-“item serial #,
-“item hours,
-item location,
-“6-8 good photos,

A basic internet search engine will usually reveal items that have been listed correctly as searcher types it in correctly. But a poor listing is difficult/near impossible for any search to find it.
Include your contact cell number in the ad by spelling a few of its numbers. If texting works, list it first (ie, text/call). Text messaging will usually connect faster to your phone if your phone’s signal quality is poor. A call/voice message can delay until a better signal is found -sometimes days later??
Good “selling/purchasing etiquette” usually allows;
- first communications usually means first chance to purchase, within reason.
- any agreement (verbal phone conversation, text message, voice messaging, etc) once made, should be honored. Any additional communications/info can be taken into consideration.
- vigilant communications during sell/purchase procedure are extremely courteous & appreciated. Texting allows each party to continue day schedules & still be “in the know”… Like; “Leaving for your place now -eta 1hr 40mins, vehicle accident up ahead/road construction on I57 delaying my eta, got a later start today-eta???, cows got out, picking up kids then leaving, work emergency called me in so need to reschedule,,,etc).
Be patient. Timing is just as important as above items. It might sell spot-on, or could require a few months?
Best of luck.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2023 at 3:07am
I watch alot of on line auctions, some are better than the rest, the best on line auction has been 99% best on BIG IRON, call them, they send out someone to take pics and make notes then they post it on their web site. they will even make a video of the tractor running and moving. not sure what they charge. like said above, I would try selling local first, but be careful of scammers. make it cash only sale. show us pics and descriptions, maybe someone on here will buy some of them?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2023 at 3:08am
hey Dave (NE), you still have any of them cultivator parts? I lost a shank and shovel off my rear mount
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2023 at 6:46am
How much for the Cockshutt 35?
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2023 at 7:31am
I was waiting for that one Gary .LOL
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
Dave (NE) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2023 at 7:32am
shameless, yes still have the cultivator parts.  Note that they are for a front mount cultivator.  I can get pictures if you want.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. Mark Twain.
Dave (NE) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2023 at 7:39am
Shameless, here is a link to the craigslist posting of the cultivator parts I have:  https://lincoln.craigslist.org/grd/d/lincoln-allis-cultivator-parts/7660829102.html

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2023 at 9:10pm
the one shank with the spring on the back of it might be what I need, i'll try to get out and look at mine again....thanks!
Macon Rounds View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macon Rounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2023 at 9:33pm
Thanks for all the info on auctions ETC...

You guys are a wealth of information and I really appreciate the advice.

The Allis "D" Series Tractors, Gravely Walk behind Tractors, Cowboy Action Shooting !!!!!!! And Checkmate
Macon Rounds View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macon Rounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2023 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by Lars(wi) Lars(wi) wrote:

Macon, did I miss something? You giving up running the farm? Or just upgrading power?

Just reorganizeing.
to many similar hp tractors and upgraded to track/ skid steers.

I 600 is a good old tractor. not pretty but solid mechanically, shuttle shift is SO....... NICE !!!

Farmall gotta go. Rebuild seat with new bushings and shock. Still feels like iam gonna get bucked off going over plowed ground.
Allis let's me doink coffe and disc. :-)

Cockshutt 35 Will be Gary Burnett's if he sends me a PM with his phone #.

Richardmo View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 12:15pm
I have been thinking the same thing about selling.
So far been able to sell some some private.

Auctioneers get 8% to 10%.
I am considering the same thing on a lot of my common tractors.
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 12:34am
IF, if I had more shed space, more money, and a wife that didn’t keep track of the tractor inventory, I would say to load the AC’s and bring them North. If only.
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2023 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by Macon Rounds Macon Rounds wrote:

Originally posted by Lars(wi) Lars(wi) wrote:

Just reorganizeing.
to many similar hp tractors and upgraded to track/ skid steers.

I 600 is a good old tractor. not pretty but solid mechanically, shuttle shift is SO....... NICE !!!

Farmall gotta go. Rebuild seat with new bushings and shock. Still feels like iam gonna get bucked off going over plowed ground.
Allis let's me doink coffe and disc. :-)

Cockshutt 35 Will be Gary Burnett's if he sends me a PM with his phone #.

PM sent with phone number
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2023 at 5:40pm
Gary, if you go look at it and need a hand loading let me know. I’d like to see Benny’s farm.
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2023 at 7:40pm
PM sent a few days ago???
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic