This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

All-Crop Hub/Axle ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomYaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All-Crop Hub/Axle ??
    Posted: 09 Dec 2010 at 6:01pm
Ok, prepping the wheel axle for reinstallation.  One side of these axles got more wear than the other...Not sure which side it was.. the top of the axle or the bottom.
In looking at pics I took prior, it looks like the bottom of the axle(side closer to the ground) got the most wear.  Im no engineer but seems counterintuitive to me...Reason Im asking is I want to flip the axle so that the good side gets the new wear.
Sponsored Links

NCAllisnut View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCAllisnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2010 at 6:22pm
The axle is pressing down in the wheel right?  So the axle would wear on the bottom side?

Adam
TomYaz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomYaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2010 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by NCAllisnut NCAllisnut wrote:

The axle is pressing down in the wheel right?  So the axle would wear on the bottom side?

Adam

Yes your right. My warped thinking had the weight of the machine on top of the axle.---wow I should NEVER become an engineer......
R Aiken View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R Aiken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2010 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by TomYaz TomYaz wrote:

Adam

Yes your right. My warped thinking had the weight of the machine on top of the axle.---wow I should NEVER become an engineer......
the same thing with a tire they go flat on the bottom
TomYaz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomYaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2010 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by R Aiken R Aiken wrote:

Originally posted by TomYaz TomYaz wrote:

Adam

the same thing with a tire they go flat on the bottom

And to think I am a computer programmer...you know..Im supposed to think logically....
Maybe thats why when I took a computerized career survey in Vo-Tech school the computer said I should consider being a "photographers model". It seemed funny at the time.... 

Edited by TomYaz - 09 Dec 2010 at 7:24pm
norm[ind] View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norm[ind] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2010 at 7:49pm
   did you ever trhink of marking before taking it apart???????????  will go bac k together easier
TomYaz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomYaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2010 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by norm[ind norm[ind wrote:

]   did you ever trhink of marking before taking it apart???????????  will go bac k together easier

Obviously not.
Rawleigh View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rawleigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 10:56am
Tom:  I flipped mine and it worked fine.  Almost like a new axle as long as weight is on it.
TomYaz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomYaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Rawleigh Rawleigh wrote:

Tom:  I flipped mine and it worked fine.  Almost like a new axle as long as weight is on it.

Yep got the idea from you. Know it will work, just couldnt recall what side to flip.
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 12:12pm
It's not just you Tom, I had the same type of brain farts before and I won the MN state PAS mechanics high individual contest in 91 and 92.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
TomYaz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomYaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Lonn Lonn wrote:

It's not just you Tom, I had the same type of brain farts before and I won the MN state PAS mechanics high individual contest in 91 and 92.

Glad Im not the only one...They just seem to happen more frequently as I get older...I need gas-x for the brain...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic